The HR Manager is responsible for the development & execution of the local HR strategy. Supporting the continued development of a performance driven culture & contributing towards business efficiency. Focused on attraction & retention of skilled & motivated employees in an extremely challenging labour market, you must be able to bridge the operational parts of the role with the strategic thinking.
For 50 years Cedo have been supplying Europe's leading retailers with private brand and branded consumer household products.
Headquartered in Telford (UK), they are the largest manufacturer of "own label" and branded household disposable plastic bags and cling films in Europe. Employing nearly 2,000 people globally, they operate from manufacturing sites in Telford (UK), Wrocław (Poland) and Hanoi (Vietnam) and with regional sales offices in Telford, Paris (France), Mönchengladbach (Germany) and Moscow (Russia).
For over 30 years, they have operated one of Europe's largest recycling centres in Geleen (Netherlands). Geleen is dedicated to recycling mixed film plastic from households all over Europe and is a central element of their supply chain, where the recyclates are used in both of their European manufacturing sites.
With Group revenues of over £300m, the Group has market-leading positions across Europe. The Group's strategy plans have been developed to achieve £370m turnover and £30m EBITDA by 2021, supported by expansion of their manufacturing facilities in all locations and comprehensive investment programme in their infrastructure. This investment programme includes capacity expansion, fully integrated ERP system and development of their people.
The Cedo household products range include food and freezer bags, cling films, aluminium foil, bin liners, refuse sacks, hygiene disposal and bio-degradable bags are used by millions of people on a daily basis. Cedo's products are sold by retailers under their own private labels as well as Cedo's own brands including PolyLina® andPaclan®.
* Develop the local HR strategy based on Cedo global strategy, culture and values.
* Work closely with Group HR Team to ensure a robust succession planning and talent management process is in place and utilised with clear career roadmaps to enable the identification and retention of talent.
* Be a super-user for Cedo ERP rollout (known as Project Pegasus) in the testing and training of the ERP system in the area of expertise.
* Challenge and drive a change in the behaviours within Geleen using HR activities and competencies. Develop corporate culture.
* Work with managers to create a motivating and challenging environment for employees to work in.
* Implement motivation solutions based on Cedo global financial and non-financial incentives, optimal organizational solutions and labour-related matters.
* Identify any shortage of staff, manage the recruitment process at all levels.
* Be a contact person for employees on all personal related matters, coordinate conflict and stress management.
* Support the management team on HR-related matters.
* Implement corporate standard HR processes in line with Dutch labour legislation.
* Significant HR experience within a multi-national and multi-cultural environment
* Strong communication and leadership skills
* Impact and influencing skills
* Experience of managing and implementing change
* Result driven
* Pro-active, energetic, resilient and flexible
* Fluency in English is essential
A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate, which will also include participate in a bonus scheme