At Applied Medical, we are committed to making a meaningful, positive difference, each and every day. Within our European headquarters in Amersfoort (NL), we develop, manufacture and support the implementation of our advanced medical devices across Europe and the MENA region. Applied’s team members enjoy working in an international environment, in which people of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged, and acknowledged. We support our team members by giving them opportunities for ongoing learning and education, possibilities to take part in community volunteering activities and a variety of onsite exercise classes and health activities.
If you are passionate about working in an organization that allows you to make decisions based upon what is right for the patient, customer, community and environment, Applied Medical is the place for you.
As a Helpdesk Support Technician (First-Line), you are primarily responsible for PC, software, telecom technical support and administration for Applied Medical team members in Europe. The Helpdesk Support Technician is part of the IT support team at the European Headquarters in Amersfoort. You will work closely together with the Helpdesk and Network Support team in the US and you will report to the IT Manager.
Within Applied Medical this position has the internal job title of Helpdesk and Network Support Technician.
- Provide first-line IT support for the team members
- Provide technical PC, software, and telecom support
- Maintain departmental forms and paperwork
- Maintain the company CMDB, according to ITIL principles
- Deploy, maintain and support company desktop computers, laptops and (mobile) telephones
- Provide user training to help our team members understand new IT software products
- Assist senior IT staff with IT projects and changes
- Develop and maintain manuals and documentation
- Investigate incidents on Non-standard IT solutions and peripherals
- Maintain IT-equipment, this can include some occasional cleaning activities
- Install or de-install workplace equipment on end-users’ desks
- MBO level diploma required
- Strong PC, software, and network troubleshooting skills
- Very strong in administrative tasks
- Windows 10 support and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook
- Experience with mobile device support
- Ability to follow documented processes
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Additional language skills are preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification is preferred
- Relevant technical IT Certification or willingness to complete certification
- Work experience in an international environment is preferred
- Knowledge of industrial IT automation is preferred
- Good remuneration package including pension and 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance and health insurance benefits
- Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning
- Education reimbursement program
- An informal and international work environment with over 35 nationalities
- Teambuilding and volunteer opportunities
- Onsite group exercise classes and health activities
Are you an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and professional, yet casual business environment? We are looking forward to receiving your application. For more information regarding our hiring process, click here.