The Head of Finance reports to the Director Finance & Operations and supervises one team member Finance.
Our client, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. They are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. They aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Administrative guidelines, internal controls and procedures
- Analyze and develop financial guidelines and procedures and in harmony with KNCVs financial policies;
- Design, update and implement the financial guidelines and procedures, including time writing procedures;
- Develop and describe the yearly financial planning & control, finance management processes and accounting process taking into account the needs of the various units;
- Implement the financial guidelines and the planning & control cycle including related financial applications in the daily routines of the units and coach unit heads in using the guidelines and following the procedure.
Execute the planning & control cycle
- Initiate and coordinate the annual (financial) planning, monitoring and reporting cycle in consultation with support staff within the units, including budgets, prognoses and (semi)annual accounts;
- Support the Directors/Heads of units in the financial planning, monitoring and reporting cycle and support the Director Finance for external reporting;
- Prepare the annual accounts;
- Present the progress of budget realization to the Heads of units, report major constraints and discrepancies in the financial management to the Heads of units and the Director Finance;
- Guide and manage the annual financial audits by an external auditing firm as first point of contact and report their findings;
- Contribute to the annual plan of the division Finance & Operations;
- Be budget holder for part of the division Finance budget.
Funding flows and treasury
- Be responsible for treasury (including monitoring of investments);
- Prepare annual and monthly cash flow forecasts;
- Monitor weekly cash flows and authorizes internal money transfers before they are presented for signing to the holder of proxy within KNCV.
Various financial management tasks
- Maintain the integrity of the time writing system and supervise the calculation of daily rates;
- Supervise and review payroll calculations before they are presented for signing to the holder of proxy within KNCV;
- Supervise invoicing, AR, AP and GL management.
- Master's degree in Finance (Accounting, Control, Business Administration or related);
- Proven track record of financial administration, AO/IC, treasury and planning & control (experience in non-profit organizations (RJ650) is a pre);
- Proven track record of and experience with the business processes, administrative processes and information flows of an organization;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant (financial) software applications (Microsoft Office, Exact Globe);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
- A full time (38 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
€ 65.000,00 - € 75.000,00 /jaar