Are you a motivated, energetic and creative student with an interest in landscape restoration and transition processes? Do you have experience with graphic design, writing, and text editing? Then we are looking for you!
In this communication internship you will work for both our Marketing & Communications department and the projects of 4 Returns Labs. A diverse internship!
Since 2013 Commonland has been working on large-scale global landscape restoration through business cases in eleven countries, based on ecology according to a structured, holistic, long term approach: the 4 returns model - see www.commonland.com. The Marketing & Communications department is responsible for internal and external communications, with the creation of content as an important focus point for the coming period. The department 4 Returns Labs contributes to the transition to a sustainable agricultural and food system in different landscapes around the world. The innovation lab ‘for the harvest of tomorrow’ is one of the current projects of 4 Returns Labs - see www.oogstvanmorgen.net.
To support these two departments, we are looking for two interns who will work together closely, one of whom will focus more on design within Marketing & Communications, and the other more on the projects of 4 Returns Labs - in particular the project ‘for the harvest of tomorrow’.
What will you do?
- Designing and making marketing, fundraising and media products, such as brochures and infographics;
- Collecting and creating stories for the website, an online platform, and the newsletter (videos, interviews, news updates, stories, podcasts);
- Assist in building an online learning and inspiration platform;
- Translating Dutch pieces into English;
- Maintaining and managing social media channels;
- Support with internal communications.
Who are we looking for?
- An enthusiastic and creative HBO / WO Bachelor student in the field of multimedia design, communication, journalism, marketing, or likewise;
- Experience with MS Office and the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Audition, Premiere Pro, etc);
- Affinity with agriculture, nature and sustainability;
- Well organized, social, independent;
- Experience in setting up and managing social media platforms;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Available for at least 3 months.
- A varied internship for 3 to 6 months within a passionate team;
- Learning within an international organisation with many opportunities for personal initiative;
- Learning about holistic landscape restoration according to our 4 returns model and transition processes in the Dutch food and agricultural system;
- A dynamic working environment: the Commonland office is located near the NDSM shipyard in Amsterdam. For the project ‘for the harvest of tomorrow’ you will regularly work at the Ministry of Infra-structure and Water Management (The Hague).
- An internship fee of 300 euro per month.
Please send your CV and motivation letter or video message to Sanne Collée before October 4th via email@example.com