Graduate Security Engineer
Company & department description
Every day, the world's economy sees enormous sums of money change hands. Person to person, business to business, nation to nation, and at all levels money moves securely, reliably and around the clock. And, at the heart of it all is SWIFT. SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11.000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories.
SWIFT is how the world exchanges financial information. And you could be part of it!
SWIFT has a unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
This role is for a driven and communicative Graduate who has either finished or is about to finish their Security degree or has a keen interest in Security. You will be working in the Security Engineering and Infrastructure team which is responsible for the deployment, administration, development and automation of advanced cyber security toolsets required to secure our production and enterprise environments.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Using, enhancing and tuning tools for managing security events and automating related compliance checks
- Provide input to the design, test the functionality, and participate in the implementation of projects for data, systems, and network security infrastructure/management
- Design, develop, test and support code providing automation capabilities for cyber security toolsets
- Create reporting and search capabilities using advanced data analytic toolsets for identifying norms and alerting on anomalies
- Implement new Cyber & Infrastructure Security tools, integrate tools, and maintain, tune and support the tools to the needs of the SOC
- Participate in complex investigations and support the SOC in investigations
- Acquire knowledge of changing technologies in own area of responsibility, and provide recommendations for adaptation of technologies or policies
- Bachelor degree in Security, Computer Science or related discipline
- 0-1 year IT experience, preferably in security
- Self-driven as well as a good team player
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional and technical environment
- Interest in emerging technologies and threats in the cyber security
What we offer
In return, you will be part of a dynamic and multinational company that promotes talent, growth and career opportunities. In the first year you will receive amongst others SANS trainings besides various internal trainings on hard and soft skills.
SWIFT has a friendly and professional work environment with benefits such as a competitive salary, premium free health insurance sport allowance and a free in-house fitness center.