Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Support responses to customer requests including RFP submissions, supply chain surveys, siting surveys, etc. including analysis of energy, sustainability data, and custom sustainability solutions (e.g. renewable energy).
- Work with Accounts Payable teams globally to ensure consistent global participation in data collection efforts that support energy and sustainability program elements.
- Compile data for reporting KPIs to C-level and Regional executives around power and sustainability at monthly and quarterly intervals. Examples metrics include PUE, CUE, WACOE (weighted cost of electricity), fully-loaded cost of power, etc. Includes coordination with FP&A for additional insight around revenue and other financial metrics.
- Presentations to internal and external groups; including Accounting, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Develop new global tools to visualize and report (internally and externally) a range of data center energy and sustainability metrics (e.g. PUE, CUE, GHGs) including utilizing advanced Excel skills and coordinating with network and IT teams to develop automated global solutions.
- Support procurement of electricity for EMEA Region including analysis of contract/RFP criteria, bid reviews, and risk management for deregulated sites; assist in maintaining consistent procurement strategy across regulated and deregulated sites; engage with energy consultant to monitor market trends and to understand technical details around available electricity products.
- Assist in analysis for the RFP process including review of qualified bidder lists; evaluation of proposals; calculations around savings and cost avoidance; administration of purchase orders, and preparation and distribution of records and reports.
- Support development of annual energy budget and ongoing tracking, analyzing and reporting cadence.
- Conduct analysis of energy connection options for new site developments.
- Liaison with energy consultant (Schneider Electric).
- Aid with the development and aligning of global energy policy and best practices around power procurement and risk management.
- Participate in development, management, and evolving renewable energy procurement strategy to support overall long-term corporate sustainability objectives.
- Perform analysis of sustainability products to meet internal needs (e.g. renewable energy credit (REC) purchase and power purchase agreements (PPA)) and external customer demands.