At Booking.com, The Content Agency is constantly looking for ways to innovate our stakeholder experience and the quality of the service we deliver. Our Content Operations Team handles a series of tasks like Translation, Localization, Geo data, Content writing, Content Moderation etc. thus empowering Booking.com to provide world class experience to our Customers. Delivering impact through operational excellence is one of our top priorities in Agency leadership and broader Booking.com organization.
The Operational Excellence team will drive organizational performance and process improvements to create an efficient supply chain for Booking.com Content Agency. Through these changes we deliver concrete results: higher stakeholder satisfaction, better tooling user experience and improved efficiency.
As a Senior Operational Excellence Specialist in the Agency Ops. Operational Excellence Team, you will be driving change and improvement in Agency's operational performance. Your role would be to drive changes on both the process and technical side as well as support the operation teams in behavioral changes. You will also be responsible for documentation of several Operational processes creating an easily accessible repository. In this role you will work together intensively with the Operations teams as well as with the other Global Support Teams, like for example Solutions teams, Communication & Implementation team.
- Execute projects to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness of the track, with a focus on automation and scalability
- You will work closely with the Operations teams and Solutions teams whil executing on Process Improvement strategy, as well as communicating with stakeholders.
- Professionalize the team by driving the development of a standard way of working in process management and process improvement
- Build the case for workflow automation and apply on suitable improvement areas
- Select improvement areas where the biggest impact can be made
- Initiate and drive process & technical changes in a diverse stakeholder field with Operations, Product and Analytics
- Drive process improvement and compliance utilizing a pragmatic approach that combines tools like Business Process Management, lean six sigma, design thinking, etc.
- Assure and safeguard our processes on the long-term by installing the appropriate control measures
- Serve as liaison between various support functions and operational leaders, translate requirements, process recommendations and strategies
- Work independently with the local offices & host process innovation workshops
- Work closely with Process Leads in Solutions Teams to ensure Operations viewpoint is considered while making new tooling decisions or while creating handover processes to Operations.
- Design new workflows and define technical requirements for new systems, features or integrations
- Understand the ground reality and make process recommendations accordingly to suit the needs at grass root level; with larger efficiency gains in mind.
- Build relationships with broader Operational Excellence Community across Boking.com and share best practices with the team
- Demonstrated track record (3+ years) of defining and executing process improvement initiatives leading them from start to finish
- You are an expert in Lean Six Sigma (Black belt trained)
- You have a strong focus on business impact and actionable recommendations
- Very high problem solving and structuring skills, with the ability to simplify complex areas
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Good communicator (on several levels) and ability to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced user of G-Suite required
- Experience with SQL / MySQL preferred
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and or Google Analytics
- Flexible and capable to find the right balance between structured problem analysis and project management and agility to deal with B.com fast-pacing change environment
- Excellent presentation skills