Global Service Product Marketing Director, MSD Service Innovation & Marketing.
How will this role make an impact?
The primary purpose of this role is two fold. Firstly to ensure that the overall service strategy for MSD’s Business Units (BU’s) is accurately reflected in the marketing developed and deployed for new service products and go-to-market strategies and that it delivers on the targeted marketing revenue and BU growth objectives for this business. Secondly it is to stay at the forefront of service and solutions thinking, consistently driving the organisations strategic approach towards a digital service and solutions value proposition for our customers. The goal of MSD service is to become a world class service organization leveraging innovation and digital, to drive customer business outcomes solutions and deliver financials performance. The role of the Global Service Product Marketing Director is to lead the expansion of digital/value added services in alignment with the Business Units (BU’s) strategy.
The Global Service Product Marketing Director leads a team of service marketing professionals covering vertical marketing and product marketing and business development.
Reporting to the SD Service Innovation & Marketing this position is responsible for generating marketing driven revenue, improving and developing and delivering on the strategic service marketing plans.
What will the Global Service Product Marketing Director do?
- Define, maintain and deliver the commercial roadmap for the new and classic divisional Electron Microscope Service products and Service Features;
- Align the mentioned commercial roadmaps with relevant stakeholders and work closely with the Service Innovation, Service leaders, R&D, Business Unit Leaders, Sales Managers, Channel Partners and the Divisional Marketing function
- Responsible for managing the Divisional strategic process for Service Marketing in alignment with the relevant global stakeholders
- Identify lead indicators, trends, innovations, and product-dependent service requirements to create long-term strategic direction for future services and solutions and communicate and secure infrastructure requirements
- Accountable for the market exploration (including upstream market analysis, voice of customer and competition analysis) instrumental to come to the delivery of the divisional Electron Microscope services and solutions;
- Through the portfolio expansion, drive MSD business transformation from product to solution offering that maximize customer business outcomes
- Create and maintain thought leadership in innovative solution marketing
- Grow creative team of product marketers acting as General Managers and leveraging business, marketing and technology savviness
- Develop and execute service product marketing plans for new and existing portfolios including service product definition, pricing, positioning, promotion and IT infrastructure requirements
- Build a competitive intelligence system that tracks key competitors and industry players to identify their strengths, weaknesses, strategies, plans and performance
- Coach, mentor and develop the service marketing team to raise the organization’s overall service strategy and marketing capabilities
- Define service product roadmaps that ensure service is a competitive advantage in the overall Company value proposition;
- Contribute to the BU’s overall strategic direction as it relates to service as a key differentiator
How will a successful candidate look like?
- Master’s degree in Marketing, or equivalent MBA;
- A minimum of 10 years of international marketing experience, with hands on leadership experience leading a team of high performing marketing professionals;
- In depth knowledge of different digital marketing channels;
- Good knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practice;
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- A deep interest in the latest developments in digital marketing, Electron Microscope markets, industry trends, and best practices, digital marketing, analytics and marketing technology tools;
- Excellent communication skills - ability to make complex concepts understandable to broader teams;
- Extensive knowledge of the digital marketing platforms and channels;
- Experience working with teams virtually across the globe
- Proven track in service product marketing
- Proven track in Developing high performing teams
- Change management experience