Reporting to the Global Applications Operations Manager, the Global Applications Operations Lead MSC will provide leadership to the Support team and work closely together with the other Applications Operations Leads across Service Delivery.
Our client is a globally operating company with products for sale in more than 160 countries, 47 factories worldwide and 37,000 employees.
A market leader in the production, distribution and sales of a wide range of tobacco, cigarettes, fine cut and smokeless tobacco products, mass market cigars and papers, and vaping products.
- Defining and executing the Service Delivery strategy for Global IT in your specific area;
- Building and leveraging strategic relationships with key 3rd party suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Effective management of any 3rd party outsource agreements ensuring performance, quality, reliability and cost effectiveness;
- Ensuring services meet their SLA targets and expectations;
- Acting as the operational escalation point for live issues across numerous distributed services;
- Providing consultancy, advice, guidance, commercial and technical validation of proposed solutions and changes both to the Business and IT functions;
- Maintaining and forecasting of services budget lines, support recharge of services in line with the needs of the service;
- Supporting the optimisation and consolidation of technologies, services and suppliers on a regional and global basis as appropriate;
- Working with the different teams within Group IT and business to drive consistency in process, governance and tooling across the teams;
- Adhering to appropriate governance processes to ensure compliance with all IT policies and frameworks;
- Line manage and lead resources in the team ensuring they have a clarity of career track and development plan.
- You have a degree, ideally in Information Technology, Engineering Business, Economics or equivalent
- You have knowledge of the consumer products industry, tobacco industry knowledge is an advantage
- You have experience in Global IT Service Delivery
- You have a Service attitude with the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with IT and business stakeholders
- You have budgetary experience, coupled with demonstrable commercial awareness
- You have proven knowledge and experience of tools, technologies and methods in your area of Global Service Delivery expertise
- You have excellent people management skills with experience of managing teams spread across multiple locations
- You have excellent analytical skills and you are able to translate detailed technical information into service language
- You can engage, articulate and influence across Global IT and business stakeholders
- You have excellent English communication skills - both written and oral
- You are prepared to undertake international business travel
- As part of a global organisation there is a 24 hour operation, therefore you need to be flexible and able to work out of hours.
On offer is an independent full-time position with room for initiative within an international and dynamic organization. Our company culture is characterized by openness, drive and enthusiasm. You will be provided with an attractive salary and various additional legal benefits.