As a Sr. Accountant you will perform the general accounting work in a timely and accurate manner, in compliance with local GAAP and US GAAP. In addition, you will advise management and employees in your areas of expertise and assist internal and external customers.
UL (Underwriters Laboratories) is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise in standards development, testing and certification. With ground-breaking innovations in safety, sustainability, renewable energy and nanotechnology, UL is always dedicated to promoting safe products, as well as people-friendly living and working environments. Established in the U.S. in 1894, UL now operates internationally, offering a comprehensive range of services to help manufacturers gain the compliance credentials they need to compete on the global marketplace. As a pioneer in fire safety for nearly 120 years, today UL offers the highest level of regulatory acceptance, market recognition, expertise, and service in the building materials industry. To help protect lives and property, UL applies modern test methods, such as state-of-the-art, large-scale fire testing and research facilities, serving all key industry segments of the built environment. UL provides in-depth analysis of test results by working closely with regulatory authorities, manufacturers, insurers, retailers and other stakeholders in the realm of fire safety.
UL is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our finance team in EMEA to support our fast growing company. You will become part of our dynamic multi-cultural international organization. The position will be based in Arnhem.
Under general supervision, you will perform the general accounting work in a timely and accurate manner, in compliance with local GAAP and US GAAP. You will analyze accounts as well as prepare monthly reports, financial statements, statistical reports and tax reports. You will assist in the development and implementation of department policies, procedures, and programs in assigned areas. In addition, you will advise management and employees in your areas of expertise and assist internal and external customers.
You will be responsible for the following tasks
- Daily GL accounting and timely reconciliation of GL accounts;
- All month end close activities, analysis and financial reporting;
- External reporting and tax reporting;
- Identify and execute improvements to processes and the control environment;
- Coordinating with 3rd party service providers i.e. payroll, accounts payable and receivable department;
- Ad hoc reporting and respond to questions from US headquarters and business owners;
- Participate in special (cross functional) projects.
- Bachelor / Master degree in accounting or finance from a business school or university;
- Minimum of five years of directly related accounting experience;
- Detailed accounting knowledge and hands on working experience. Exposure to US GAAP would be an advantage;
- Proficient in excel;
- Excellent verbal and written English and Dutch language skills;
- Experience with Oracle R12 (ERP System) is a plus;
- Experience with an international matrix organization would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong customer focus;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in teams;
- Excellent personal development and growth opportunities;
- Flexible working hours and a competitive salary package;
- An international multi-cultural environment within a dynamic global organization that makes a contribution to a safer world.
55,000 - 65,000 /jaar