LOBV (Laxmi Organic BV, Netherlands) is a 100% subsidiary of Laxmi Organic Industries Ltd. (India) in Europe. This role will involve running the operations profitably by managing the current business, and providing growth by, developing new customers / markets, new products and new business opportunities
Laxmi Organic Industries is a speciality chemical manufacturer, focused on two key business segments:
Acetyl Intermediates and Speciality Intermediates
Since its inception, the company has maintained a constant focus on innovation, creativity and speed,
which has enabled it to meet with new challenges and service new opportunities across the world.
Laxmi was set up nearly three decades ago with the objective of manufacturing chemicals.
In our early days, we focused primarily on the production of bulk chemicals.
Subsequently, we progressed up the value chain and started producing ethanol downstreams and pioneered the manufacturing of solvents in India. Due to our high standards in quality and meticulous focus on customer satisfaction, we became the preferred partner of choice of pharmaceutical companies and ink manufacturers. In the past decade, we have expanded our capabilities to speciality intermediates. The addition of Diketene to our product portfolio has solidified our position as a leading manufacturer of fine and speciality chemicals in the country.
In the coming years, we aim to establish ourselves as a leader in speciality intermediates and become the growth partner of choice to global Life Sciences, Crop Sciences and Pigments companies.
Manage European operations including office in Netherlands and storage terminals in Antwerp (Belgium) andGenova (Italy).
- Provide leadership to LOBV team and manage entire operations of European entity.
- Create annual budgets and prepare a detailed business plan including monthly, quarterly and annual targets for revenue and profits.
- Formulate strategy for business growth through acquisition of new customers, developing new markets and new products (in the space of Commodity and Speciality chemicals), and exploring new business opportunities (trading / exports of any products) and looking at any inorganic growth opportunities.
- Monitor and review business performance periodically and take actions in response to market dynamics and competitive behavior.
- Regular co-ordination with, updates and reporting to the parent company in India.
- Network effectively with local customers and develop strong professional relationships for sales and procurement of traded items.
- Negotiate with customers, suppliers and service providers.
- Keep a track on market intelligence, demand and supply, developments at customers, competitive landscape and market share.
- Organize market research based on business needs for growth.
- Manage performance of the team and provide them guidance, training and mentoring.
Knowledge of commodity & specialty products within Chemical Industry in Europe
- Commercial sales management experience
15+ years of experience in Chemical Industry, preferably in commodity products as well as Specialty chemicals in Europe
- Leadership qualities with strong communication skill
- Commercial acumen and Negotiation skill
- Understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role will involve agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports
- Proven track record of running BU / SBU / business profitably and providing growth
- General management experience is essential for working in this job
- Fluency in English : Dutch, German & Italian language proficiency
- Competitive market salary
- A chance to drive an established company
- General Management