Shypple is revolutionizing the conservative logistics sector by making shipping simple. We offer companies a modern and easy-to-use, in-house developed web application that offers real-time visibility in every aspect of the supply chain. From our web app, logistics teams can search, compare, book and track shipments for air, rail and sea freight directly. As a "digital forwarder" we offer companies a leap in efficiency that is unprecedented within the sector. Shypple minimizes traditional error margins and saves direct and indirect costs throughout the entire process.
Our strong growth has been acknowledged with various nominations, including EU Startups - Dutch Startups to Watch in 2019, and most recently we were elected Sprout - Startup of the year. Our culture and our corporate values are the backbone of our success. Shyppleness is based on our 5 beliefs - The High Five - and gives direction to all our decisions and actions.
The customer is our rocket fuel - Focus on the customer and everything else will follow.
Together is more than the sum - The collective genius is our leverage.
Be in it to win it - Take ownership and hold yourself - and each other - accountable for the results.
Simplify and go - Don't over-analyze. Execution is everything.
Always move forward - Live on the solution side of life. Challenge the status quo.
'Creating complex solutions is easy, making complexity simple without compromise; that's the real challenge. That's true Shyppleness' Jarell Habets - Founder & CEO Shypple
To further our progressive growth we are looking for a Financial Administrative Clerk - Bookkeeper.
Purpose & Goals
As a financial administrative clerk, you will work at the heart of Shypple’s financial activities. You will be the main point of contact for operations and management when it concerns bookkeeping and accounts receivables. Furthermore, you will support management when it comes to financial reporting.
Objectives and Key Results
- Our bookkeeping system is up-to-date and correct
- Receivables are managed tightly to generate a positive cash flow
- Every month can be closed within 10 business days
- Record day to day financial transactions
- Complete the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records and contribute to creating reports and financial statements
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct register, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, general ledger, and other ledgers
- Create cash flow statements
- Supporting month and year closings
- Work together with our external bookkeeping company
Manage accounts receivable & payable (40%)
- Keep track, process and reconcile payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, checks, refund requisitions etc, in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Monitor accounts and incoming payments
- Chase payments by phone and mail
- Verify discrepancies
- Perform analysis on accounts receivable data and propose actions
- Prepare a detailed accounts receivable status report
- Respond to and resolve clients’ billing issues and questions
- Maintain good relations with our clients’ (and their financial departments)
- Continuously improve AR processes