You will be part of the finance team, supporting Wavin's Global operations. Your role within the team will be to optimise processes and systems (SAP BPC) to create optimal and fast running reports for global management.
Wavin is a leading supplier of plastic pipe systems and solutions. As one of the longest established names in the market, Wavin built its reputation on over 60 years of high quality and innovation. Wavin connects customers to better solutions for above and below ground projects in the following application areas: water management, heating and cooling, water and gas distribution, waste water drainage and datacom. Wavin headquarters are located in Zwolle, the Netherlands and has presence in more than 25 countries and about 30 manufacturing sites, mostly located in Europe. Wavin employs approximately 5000 people.
Wavin is a subsidiary of Mexichem; a global leader in plastic piping and one of the world's largest chemical and petrochemical companies. Wavin is part of Mexichem's Fluent Business Group, one of the biggest producers of plastic pipes and connections worldwide.
You will be part of the finance team, supporting Wavin's Global operations. Currently at the EMEA head office in Zwolle the team is responsible for the finance of the EMEA region and will expand their service globally. Therefore they are looking to grow the reporting and compliance team of 5 to create greater efficiencies and accommodate for further growth.
Your role within the team will be to optimise processes and systems (SAP BPC) to create optimal and fast running reports for global management. You will do this in close collaboration with the specialists consolidation, SAP, compliance and Head Office controller.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting and lead process improvement initiatives;
- You will lead the identified process and system improvements initiatives in our management information system (SAP BPC) in order to secure accurate management reports;
- Composition of weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports for group management and our Shareholder in Mexico;
- Contribute to the preparation of financial presentations for the Management Board;
- Support the annual group budget process;
- Sparring partner for the Reporting and Consolidation Manager and Head Office Controller;
- Assist the finance departments of Operating Companies in and outside Europe as well as within Wavin Head Office with reporting issues.
- Experience with EPM systems like SAP BPC, HFM is a must;
- Experience in SAP BW and SAP BO (web intelligence, analytics cloud, Lumira) and Power BI is a preference;
- Fluent in English both oral and written. Language skills in Spanish is a benefit;
- University or bachelor degree in Finance or Economics;
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in accounting acquired in a multinational company;
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills in combination with a high level of accuracy;
- A team player with good communication skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of IFRS is preferred.
- A challenging role within a strong finance team
- Competitive salary
- Growth opportunities