As a Financial Reporting Specialist & Business Controller your task will be to oversee all financial aspects of the companies strategy and other group companies in Benelux. You will be responsible for accounting activities and the flow of financial information to the head of Regional Finance Europe North - West and, where necessary, external parties such as financial institutions (auditors, banks, among others).
Our client, located centrally in Rotterdam, is the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 35 countries and € 2.7 billion in revenues they are the driving force of the refractory industry.
Ensure that all legal entities under his/her responsibility are reported in compliance with Group Accounting guidelines (qualitatively and timely)
* Approval of payment for payroll and supplier invoices
* Ensure reporting in compliance with local statutory and international accounting standards and procedures
* Overall control of all financial transactions and accounting matters (eg. AR, AP, bookkeeping), including audit systems in the Netherlands, related to the Dutch entities
* Overall control of cash management and other treasury matters on an ongoing basis in the Benelux as well as liaising treasury topics with Head of Regional Finance Europe North West as well as Corporate Treasury
* Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting statements to comply with group reporting requirements
* Preparation and submission of Annual Group Statutory Accounts Pack and liaising with external auditors
* Preparing legal entity annual statutory accounts and filing of sets of accounts at Companies House
* Preparation and submission of annual legal entity tax returns to tax authorities and eventually filing on required authorities
* Adherence to local taxation rules and inland revenue submissions
* Ensuring company compliance with company's corporate internal control procedures and guidelines
* Any other duties or projects assigned to the by the organization
The ideal candidate for this role has at least five years of experience in a Finance role as well as relevant degrees.
Fluency in English is mandatory, other languages (German, Dutch, French or Spanish) will be considered an asset.
You are qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
You are a professional user of Microsoft Office and preferably SAP and HFM.
You thrive in an international company where things move fast.
You have a thorough understanding of Accounting Concepts, Procedures and Regulations.
You are continuously seeking to improve.
You are capable of working without daily instructions.
You are a real team player.
A full time position (40 hours / week) with a fixed base salary plus bonus.
€ 60.000,00 - € 70.000,00 /jaar