This role will lead and manage the Finance Planning function of the business, including long term business planning, annual budgeting and periodical budget updates as well as lenders financial models. They will be in charge of the management reporting process, defining guidelines and reporting methodologies in order to ensure timely, reliable, transparent management information to CEO and Management team.
This company invests in global power development. Their mission is to develop and manage a portfolio of strategic investments in the power sector globally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
- Manage long term business planning, annual budgeting and periodical budget updates in line with Group business planning policies and standards as well as lenders financial models.
- Lead management reporting activities in line with Group guidelines and reporting methodologies. Ensure timely, reliable, transparent management information to the CEO, the management team and the Group Financial Planning and Analysis function.
- Analyze the operating and financial performance of the business against targets identifying key variances and providing support for corrective actions. Coordinate periodical business review meetings.
- Establish and maintain an effective performance management system: provide effective support in setting operating and financial targets for the financial year in consistency with strategy and long term business plans. Develop and maintain balanced scorecard linked to rewards and compensation system.
- Is responsible for maintaining effective cost accounting, for monitoring margins, operating expenses, G&A, capital expenditure and cash flow against budgets. Manage and control the spending authorization process and review and execute budget change requests.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis when requested and support for internal and external benchmarking analysis and ad-hoc projects aimed at improving operational efficiency of the business and overall value creation.
- Manage Group adopted financial planning and management reporting systems.
- Provide support for the successful completion of internal and external audits providing all the relevant information and analysis.
- Act in close coordination with Group Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CMA/CA/ACCA
- Master in Finance and/or Business Administration from a recognized Management School.
Required Special Skills:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in financial planning and analysis of which 2-3 years should be in a similar position/responsibility
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Familiarity with market leading ERP systems (Oracle preferably)
- Strong knowledge of market leading planning and management reporting systems (Oracle preferably)
- Knowledge of the Power and Utilities sectors
- Fluent in English
- Exposure to international companies with large complexity and to multicultural environments
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with confidence.
- Superior analytical and synthesis skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with sensitivity to different cultures.
- Ability to build trust and effective personal relations both within the organization and with all relevant external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in team.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends/tendencies on financial planning and analysis and management reporting.
Personal Attributes and Mindset:
- Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard sensitive information.
- High energy with a "can do" mentality. Strongly believe in continuous benchmarking and continuous improvement.
- Robust intellect and constant desire to learn.
- Drive, self-reliance and pragmatism, great determination in achieving results.
- Analytical, inquisitive nature.
- Capability to easily adapt to fast moving, changing environments and cultural differences.
A competitive offer, growth potential, exposure to a rapidly growing international company, and a role that has a real impact on the organization.