We are partnering with a fast-growing, international medical device manufacturing firm ‘Verathon’ on their search for a Financial Controller EMEA for their international HQ based in Amsterdam.
As Financial Controller you will work in an international high demanding scale up environment. As Financial Controller you will partly manage the Finance & Accounting Team and will report directly to the Finance Director EMEA. As Financial Controller EMEA you will partner cross-functionally with internal stakeholders like Logistics, Commerce, Customer Care, HR and HQ in the United States. You will be responsible for the monthly and year-end closing, reporting to Corporate in the US, Statutory Reporting and lead the financial internal and external audits.
You will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to proactively participate in diverse projects to improve and professionalize processes in the company. The ideal candidate has a Master degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, preferably accomplished with a Post Master education (RA, CPA, ACCA) at least 10-15 years’ within External Audit combined with accounting/finance experience within an international setting. You have strong analytical skills and know how to operate in Global, Multi-Cultural environment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support Verathon’s business by operating as a strategic financial business partner;
- Implement controls to mitigate risks for the company in a commercially balanced manner;
- Initiate and support Finance and Accounting processes, systems improvements, and the development of standard reporting tools;
- Ensure timely reconciliation of the company accounts and balance sheet accounts in line with corporate reporting policies;
- Ensure that the company fully complies with all legal and statutory requirements including internal controls requirements set by corporate and U.S. GAAP based financial reporting;
- Responsible monthly and year-end closing and financial reporting to HQ;
- Handle tax matters such as VAT and corporate tax reporting;
- Drive diverse projects for improving the quality in accounting and reporting;
- Provide information to Corporate regarding technical accounting, financial and commercial analysis, process improvements, and career mentoring;
- Liaise with auditors during the preparations of annual report and interim reviews;
- Weekly cash flow forecast and monthly review of inventory;
- Oversee the sales order process.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Accounting;
- Preferably accomplished with an Accounting Degree (RA, CPA, ACCA);
- At least 5+ years’ of relevant working experience;
- Experience working for a U.S. based manufacturing, medical devices company is highly preferred;
- Ability to produce summarized, management-level and detailed reports;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to build trust and interact with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Comfortable adjusting to changes in work environment and working under pressure;
- Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas;
- Ability to define, plan and work according to priorities and deadlines;
- Accurate, result driven and good communication skills;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Verathon is a global medical device company focused on supporting customers by being their trusted partner, delivering high-quality products that endure over time and ensure clinical and economic utility. Two areas where Verathon has significantly impacted patient care, and become the market leader in each, are bladder volume measurement and airway management. The company’s BladderScan portable ultrasound and GlideScope video laryngoscopy & bronchoscopy systems effectively address unmet needs for healthcare providers and meaningfully raise the standard of care for patients. Verathon, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, is headquartered in Bothell, Washington, USA and has international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The European team is about 60 people in Amsterdam and 40 in different countries throught Europe.
Hoe te solliciteren en vragen
When you are interested, please e-mail your CV, motivation for the job and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information regarding this position please contact Douwe Engelsman at 06 1867 1770 or via email@example.com