For Greenpeace International we are looking for an experienced Financial Controller. If you seek to have impact and create positive change, are a role model for accountability and are energized when designing innovative solutions, we encourage you to apply for this position!
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future. The goal is to create a green and peaceful world where all life on earth can flourish.
As a Financial Controller you need to facilitate strategic and in-depth financial analysis and accurately provide financial and management information to support the Board, Directors and Budget Holders to enable effective decision making and risk management. You will also be responsible for the year-end audit and financial statements, annual budgeting, monitoring and forecasting, treasury management, financial policies and payments in order to ensure Greenpeace Internationals financial strength to support its campaigns.
The Financial Controller heads the finance function that supports Greenpeace International and is part of the International Finance Management Team which provides support, systems and services to the global Greenpeace network.
Your duties will include:
- Securing a sound financial strategy for Greenpeace International.
- Lead and manage the Greenpeace International Finance team.
- Deliver financial and management accounting services to ensure that Greenpeace International meets its campaign objectives.
- Manage the annual budget process and ensure consistency with the multi-annual Global Resource Plans.
- Provide timely and well-informed quarterly financial reports and forecasts.
- Be the lead of the yearly financial statements and audit to ensure compliance with both IFRS, SME and Dutch GAAP.
- Work with Tax and Treasury Advisors to manage exposure and ensure full compliance with regulations.
- Ensure all Greenpeace International financial policies are up to date.
- Be the lead contact for procurement activities and manage the events team.
- Professionally Qualified Financial Accountant.
- At least seven years post qualification experience with managing accounting teams within international organisations.
- Familiarity with IFRS essential and Dutch Civil Code is an advantage.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange, treasury management and tax, preferably Dutch tax.
- Experienced people manager with strong leadership abilities, able to build and motivate a high performing and effective team.
- Experienced in working with Directors and Board Members.
Interested? Apply now!
- Korting op mobiele telefoon
- Professionele ontwikkeling
- Pensioen / Pensioenplan
- Reis kosten vergoeding
- Reis kosten vergoeding voor OV
- Auto van de zaak
- Werken vanuit huis
- Evenementen voor werknemers
- Referral bonus
- Flexibel rooster
- Game kamer
- Sport abonnement