Finance role at a growing company.Functieomschrijving
Due to growth we look forward to strengthen the team in Amsterdam with a Financial Analyst/Financial Accountant.
The Financial Analyst is a new role in The Benelux that will support the Finance Manager. Next to working with your other Finance colleagues based in Lisbon, you shall be working with colleagues from Sales & Desk Underwriting, Marketing, Claims and HR.
- Oversee/lead the monthly close process including accuracy of invoices posted, and assist in the year-end close.
- Balance sheet control in cooperation with the other Lisbon based Accounting colleagues.
- Support in the budgeting- and forecasting process.
- Support on tax reporting.
- Update processes on a regular basis;
- Assist in the development of management information.
- Act as a link between the Hiscox Operations- and Finance department.
- Participate in projects in and outside finance supporting the Finance Manager and the business.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics area or equivalent.
- 3-7 years of experience in Accounting and Reporting is required.
- Fluent in English and Dutch is required. French is a plus.
- Some experience in supporting the business or the ability to support the business outside finance is required.
- Local tax experience (VAT and CIT) is required.
- Some knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS (17) is a big plus.
- Insurance experience and/or some experience in auditing is a plus.
- Excellent Excel user skills, PowerPoint is a plus.
- Experience with workflow management in ERP-systems.
- Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience in checking monthly payroll is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships in and outside the Finance team.
- Structured and autonomous working style.
- Proactive, flexible and driven to achieve goals and objectives.
- Available to travel 3-4 times a year to Lisbon.
Active in the market since 1901, Hiscox has established itself as one of Europe's leading specialty insurers. Our expertise and experience enable us to develop intelligent solutions for a wide range of private and professional risks. Hiscox employs over 3,300 people worldwide at 32 offices in 14 countries. The Benelux organization counts over 75 employees in 3 offices located in Amsterdam, Brussels and Lisbon.Locatie
Hiscox offers you a versatile full-time position in an ambitious and growing international organization with training and career opportunities. The salary and working conditions are competitive. In addition, there is an attractive (individual) bonus system and stock savings plan.