Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will ensure that our legal entities are in good standing from an accounting, statutory, legal and compliance perspective. You will also work closely with the head office finance team located in another European country.
Our client is a global marketplaces specialist with a family of local digital brands in 16 countries. The client builds connections with more than 200 million people each month through our household name brands in Europe, Latin America and North Africa. They are always looking for new disruptive business models and opportunities to expand their brand portfolio.
As a financial accountant, you will have a wide variety of responsibilities:
- You will ensure that our legal entities are in good standing from an accounting, statutory, legal and compliance perspective.
- You will be responsible for all accounting matters of our legal entities. You will take care that all activities are properly accounted for including all activities relating our subsidiaries & other transaction activities, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- You will be responsible for the month end closing of our legal entities and the IFRS monthly reporting to our head office and other shareholders
- In your role as Financial accountant, you will take care of the payments including inter-company payments to group companies.
- You will be in charge to prepare the yearly annual reports of our legal entities according to Dutch GAAP (or IFRS)
- You will be responsible for the yearly external audit and have direct contact with the auditors.
- You will take care of VAT declarations and assist in other tax related matters.
- You will assist the finance manager in other tasks relating the daily management of the holding companies.
- MBO/HBO accounting education
- 3/5 years relevant working experience, preferably with accounting matters of holding companies
- Trustworthy and flexible person, positive attitude towards change
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Committed to meet team goals and deadlines
- Work experience with exact online (bookkeeping) and SAP (reporting) is a plus
- Enjoys working in a small team, able to work with great level of independence
- Unique position within an international and dynamic environment
- Being part of an energetic and high-profile organization