You will be responsible for building a strong finance team and implementing a continuous improvement culture. You will drive financial process improvement initiatives and deliver a strong control framework, along with efficient and effective financial accounting and reporting processes. You will report to the Finance Director for EMEA and will work closely with other global directors and global program.
We are partnering up with Survitec in recruiting the Finance Manager. Survitec is the world leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3000 employees worldwide, with eight manufacturing sites and over 50 service and distribution centers.
As a key member of the Netherlands management team, you will work to understand the challenges facing the business, provide the required reporting and financial analysis to allow management to address those challenges, and contribute proactively to business improvement projects.
Finance Accounting and Control:
- Lead the day-to-day general ledger accounting, accounts payable, payroll and tax obligations;
- Deliver high quality monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the business;
- Manage and participate in the monthly accounting cycle and the preparation of financial statements including statutory accounts;
- Responsibility for compliance with all Dutch financial laws, requirements and regulations;
- Implement the global Survitec control framework, and drive effective development and maintenance of financial controls;
- Deliver improvement projects and programs implemented as part of the global finance transformation program, and the business restructuring program.
- Deliver insightful management reports that identify areas for action and performance improvement;
- Work with and influence the leadership team to grow the business by formulating appropriate financial strategies and plans;
- Liaise with colleagues to understand root causes of financial results, investigate budget variances and formulate recovery plans;
- Collaborate with other functions to improve business processes;
- Drive performance across the business and challenge functional managers to deliver on their commitments.
- Lead, coach and develop an engaged and motivated finance team;
- Drive a high-performance culture of continuous improvement;
- Ensure a positive, proactive, thorough and disciplined approach in the Finance team.
- B.A./Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting or general business (Accountancy qualifications);
- Minimum of 5 years overall experience, of which minimal 3 years in a role with similar content;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbally and in writing, you are also aware of Dutch law;
- Ability to communicate effectively within an international environment and cooperate across organization lines
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting/finance issues;
- Demonstrated experience in Accounting and Tax;
- Experience of working for a complex organisation with multiple legal entities and a matrix organisation;
- Strong accounting background and experience in performing and reviewing financial processes and analyses;
- The role will suit someone with the ambition to demonstrate their ability to make a real difference.
- Challenging position with competitive salary;
- Development possibilities.
€ 75.000,00 - € 85.000,00 /jaar