Due to Brexit, this global bank is relocating their Securities department to Amsterdam and are looking for a hands-on Senior Financial Controller. The role will involve setting up, and running the day to day finance operations of this entity.
A global bank who's main focus is trade finance. Due to Brexit, they are relocating their Securities department to Amsterdam.
The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of the finance function ensuring an appropriate level of control and governance is applied. Key aspects of the finance function are split across a range of component activities as set out below:
- Financial Reporting, accounting control and policy - support department responsible for maintaining and developing adequate controls over the books and records of the firm.
- Management Information - analyze financial reports and produce high level MI reports
- Data Information - support department responsible for producing daily reporting including P&L, Risk and regulatory output
- Procurement - assist with regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers.
- Financial Planning and analysis - support department responsible for producing accurate and timely management information.
The successful candidate will have:
- c. 10 years' experience in banking environment with knowledge of securities, trading, derivatives, etc.
- Bachelor degree or greater in accounting, finance, economics or similar
- Strong financial reporting and ability to produce high-level MI reports
- A hands-on mentality and not afraid of performing operational finance tasks(eg. booking invoices)
- Experience setting up and maintaining a similar role highly advantageous but not essential
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent command of the English language(written and spoken)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a newly set up office in Amsterdam with a high level of responsibility. This is a family sized office which is part of a global bank.
€ 80.000,00 - € 100.000,00 /jaar