Are you looking for a role where you can manage a big team and want to act on strategic level?
With 150 years of experience our client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. They have over 100,000 employees in 50+ countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
As Financial Manager you lead and provide direction to Finance teams for Business Groups in The Netherlands. This position leads an Accounting & Reporting team with Business and Financial Controllers, that provides financial and accounting processes at local level for several Business Groups, including budgeting, month end closing, management/corporate reporting and requirements. Next to that, there is a large accountability to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and reporting processes through migration of work to shared service centers, alignment of processes, and collaboration with teams spanning across product groups, across functions, and across enterprises.
You work with the local management to identify their local reporting, management information and insight needs. You manage the team and you are accountable to ensure information from different sources is timely available, consolidated and understood. You are responsible for financial statement assurance and perform a first line of defense within the control framework. As the linking point between the different sources of information and the relevant business stakeholders, you have the accountability and responsibility for one or more Controller's Review Packages (CRP): a rigorous, analytical financial statement review performed at each business/country level. As they perform these accountabilities, you will also assist on continuous improvement of reporting processes.
- Change agent and supportive of delivering the new finance strategy;
- Develop and adapt the team capabilities towards a process driven organization;
- Provide clear direction and objectives through ongoing goal setting;
- Deliver timely and effective, ongoing performance feedback;
- Coach employees in career/performance development;
- Execute employee management processes (including staff decisions, coaching, development plans, performance evaluations);
- Communicate key decisions, Cargill information and other enabling information to the team;
- Support, encourage and facilitate collaboration and communication between teams;
- Demonstrate and reinforce Cargill's guiding principles and Cargill leadership expectations;
- Provide thought leadership on technology needs. Skilled at leveraging financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making. Maintains working knowledge of systems and applications;
- Responsible for the preparation of regular monthly/quarterly/yearly reports of corporate finance;
- Responsible for local management reporting;
- Accountable for the outcomes of all accounting and financial reporting activities for the selected Financial Statements;
- Manage the annual statutory audit;
- Manage CBS (Cargill Business Services) performance and end-to-end to processes from a Business Group perspective;
- Monitor relevance and accuracy of the different sources of information;
- Provide quarterly the CRP and lower level financial review data;
- Responsible for the maintenance of policies and procedures;
- Responsible for US GAAP reporting for the relevant CRP.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience of which 3 years with managerial experience;
- Proven experience with local and US GAAP reporting;
- Proven ability to understand key business drivers and how to translate these into meaningful reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a culture of continuous improvement, process optimization, and intellectual curiosity;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Understanding and experience working with JDE or SAP;
- Resilient and agile;
- Proven conceptual strength by identifying connections and interdependencies. Thinks creatively. Analyses complex situations and generates solution;
- Proven understanding of transfer pricing mechanisms;
- Proven experience in capital management;
- Proven experience with variance analysis statistical tools;
- Ability to travel up to 10%;
- Fluent in local language and English
In return for your expertise and commitment, they will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. They also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.