The candidate will be responsible for overall Financial Management and Business Support functions of the company: HR, IT, Procurement and General Services. The Finance and Business Support Director will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the accounting and administrative policies, processes, systems and ensure close compliance with relevant laws, regulations and corporate governance standards.
Our client is ZEN, Zon Exploitatie Nederland, part of Nebras Power. Nebras Power has signed a binding agreement to acquire 75 percent equity stake in Zon Exploitatie Nederland Holding B.V. (ZEN), a leading developer and operator of (renewables) solar power generation assets in the Netherlands.
Accounting, Controls and Reporting:
- Prepare relevantly periodic reconciliations, including but not limited to, monthly bank reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation;
- Prepare interim and year-end statutory financial statements and related disclosures under local GAAPS and International Financial Reporting Standards for Nebras Group consolidation purposes;
- Ensure proper and timely satisfaction of financial reporting requirements of company's key external stakeholders and relevant regulatory bodies, including controlling and other company's key shareholders;
- Manage and coordinate relationships with external auditors and other advisors;
- Maintain General Ledger accounts ensuring proper and accurate journal entry preparation;
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Prepare annual Budgets and long term Business Plans;
- Analyze YTD performance vis-à-vis Budget and update forecast for the full year;
- Implement robust control environment on spending, capex and cash flows;
- Provide required information on timely manner to Nebras Power for management reporting and other ad hoc purposes.
- Prepare and review tax calculations, estimates and reports;
- Establish appropriate system & processes for tax risk management;
- Act as the key point of contact and support for local tax matters;
- Liaise with tax authorities and provide tax audit support;
- Establish and maintain a robust compliant framework;
- Ensure adherence to Company policies and processes, relevant laws, regulations and corporate governance standards;
- Ensure filing of returns, financial statements, tax forms timely and other mandatory compliance requirement;
- Ensure corporate disclosure and statutory reporting.
Corporate and Board affairs:
- Manage process pertaining to the annual shareholder meeting;
- Manage board meeting, facilitate board communications for Nebras Power Dutch entities;
Business support functions:
- Ensure proper management of Human Resources, Information and Communication Technology, Procurement and General Services affairs of the Company
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration from a recognised University;
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CMA/CA/ACCA;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting and Tax of which 3 years should be in a similar position/responsibility;
- Knowledge of International accounting principles and procedures (IFRS);
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Oracle E-Business Suite preferably);
- Familiarity with Dutch corporate regulation and tax law/
- Exposure to international companies with large complexity and to multicultural environments;
- Preferably Big4 experience in the field of Audit, Tax and Assurance .
- Superior analytical and synthesis skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with sensitivity to different cultures;
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and written.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND MINDSET:
- Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity;
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard sensitive information;
- High energy with a "can do" mentality. Strongly believe in continuous benchmarking and continuous improvement;
- Capability to easily adapt to fast moving, changing environments and cultural differences.
- Opportunity to build and create your team
- Good primary and secondary benefits
- Lease car