The primary function of this role is providing both pre and post-sales technical support; working with the customer from prior to the sale, through delivery and installation.
The function of the Field Applications Scientist is to provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products. Assist the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions.
The primary objectives are:
- To generate revenue as a champion the Bruker M&D range of products through expert scientific support of sales activities, demonstrations, collaborative work and presentations.
- To create an unrivalled reputation for the Company through customer training and support.
Job duties will include the following tasks specific to the objectives:
- high level presentation of instruments and capabilities at conferences and to potential customers
- proposal and organisation of user meetings and other scientific marketing exercises
- second and third level applications field support of our M&D product portfolio
- scientific work with prospective customers to generate interest, justification and relationship prior to sale
- demonstration of instrumentation and related software
- support colleagues or the other application scientists and engineers
- continual awareness of developments in the field, including attendance and presentations at scientific conferences
- Expert customer training following installation and initial training by engineers on instrumentation
Irregular hours and extensive travel are an essential part of the job.
The position reports to the Applications and Software Support Manager, Microbiology and Diagnostics, EMEA
The position is field based, at a location deemed by the Company to be convenientand requires high travel capabilities.
- outgoing and good at building relationships through inspiring trust and confidence
- a very high degree of scientific credibility and ability to discuss and persuade at an academic level
- self-motivation and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
- the ability to contribute to a team effort, yet to accept responsibility for an individual role within the team
- well organised and able to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment
- a very high standard of personal presentation.
- Microbiology degree, life or analytical science degree with (optional) work experience in industry
- a current valid driving license
- high standard of oral and written English
- very good knowledge of German would be an asset
- No visa or other restriction preventing travel within DACH (EMEA)