For our client, an international organisation in the area of Amsterdam, we are currently looking for a Facility Manager. You will assist the Business Manager in the planning, development, evaluation and continual improvement of building related systems, procedures and programmes in support of generating and promoting a sustainable and positive work environment for the organizations Distribution Centre. As the Facility Manager you will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization. You will ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for employees and their activities.
- Managing, planning and implementing essential soft & hard-related facility services;
- Monitoring and measuring the performance of the organizations primary IFM ‘hard services’ supplier in line with agreed SLA and KPI metrics;
- Providing guidance, and support to the assigned IFM Facility Coordinator in relation to the outsourced ‘hard services Managing, providing direction to the office assistant[s] and handyman responsible for the day-to-day ‘soft’ services operations linked to facility management;
- Managing and monitoring building-related security systems; Calculating, cost comparing and budgeting the required goods or services;
- Planning and utilization of space in line with strategic business objectives; Ensuring where applicable, for contracted work to be governed by Contractor Safety Requirements and relevant Permits to Work;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise;
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Pro-actively determine areas of improvement; Ensuring buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation including environmental legislation;
- Participating in internal or external audits in relation to regulatory and ISO requirements.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Facility Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a dynamic & changing logistic environment
- At least 3 years demonstrated leadership record Experience in leading a team of direct and indirect reports
- Experience in multicultural matrix organization. Experience with ISO-related Management Systems and Regulatory Requirements is a pre
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to define problem areas, collect, interpret and evaluate data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, authorities and other third parties.
- Demonstrate ability to influence others via strong relationships and analytical skills.
- Effective collaboration and leadership skills and the ability to influence individuals to implement policies, procedures and guidelines without direct authority.
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization, authorities, vendors and other third parties.
- This is a position for 40 hours a week 5 days a week (Full Time)
- Salary € 4.000 - € 5.000 depending on experience 8 % holiday allowance and travel expenses
- year contract (permanent position)
+31(0)6 46 83 97 00