You have a proven track-record / work experience in food processing industry or chemical engineering business development. You have a strong industry and market knowledge in the biotech CDMO segment and a good understanding of HACCP and food GMP's.
HALIX is a young and fast growing CDMO with strong corporate partners supporting them. In 2019 HALIX will move to a brand new pharmaceutical building, tailor-made for growth and technical capabilities in biotechnological/biopharmaceutical segment. This will enable them to expand their end-to-end bioscience services for therapeutic recombinant proteins, viral vectors and vaccines. A new company will be set up, dedicated to the development of "Super Food Supplements" to meet the demand of Food Industry for innovation and bringing a medical touch to their products. Development and production facilities will be available in the new building. A dedicated team will be headed and managed by experts from the Food Industry with longterm professional experience and reliable link to industry network.
You will work with clients and colleagues to identify new project opportunities and answer customer queries; you proactively seek new venture opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends with the industry and competition.
- Actively and successfully leads projects in support of business growth and expansion in the area of Food & Health technology.
- Builds academic links with universities and research institutes.
- Plans and performs programs to ensure that present and future services will be competitive.
- Provides technical competency through the application of sound science, general industrial practice or engineering-based solutions.
- Stays up to date with new technology and its application.
- Builds a expert team to effectively serve the customer's needs.
- Master's degree and significant industry related experience or PhD in Food Science or Bio-Chemistry.
- +7 years of experience in food processing industry or chemical engineering/business development.
- Strong industry and market knowledge in the biotech CDMO segment.
- Good understanding of HACCP and food GMPs.
- Excellent presentation, convincing and negotiation skills in English.
- Strong knowledge and network relationships in the food industry.
- People management skills and ability to motivate staff and promote team building.
- Hands-on mentality and ability to perform well in a fast-growing, result-driven environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
The company offers good market conform primary and secondary benefits. You will be working in an international organization with short lines of communication. The people within the organization are hands-on, ambitious and real entrepreneurs that strive to grow the overall business.