Do you have a passion for logistics? Are you a great communicator and able to build constructive relationships with customers and suppliers? Join our team if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career!
Experienced International Forwarder Chartering & Assets
Hours per week: Full time
As Experienced International Forwarder you will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of a mix of experienced International Forwarders and young talents willing to learn the business. This high service level is achieved by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation, with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
So what's this job role all about?
As International Forwarder with experience, you are responsible for a correct settlement of all chartering and assets related transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved.
You are also responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customer Service department and hauliers / assets drivers, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Taking care of a correct settlement of all chartering and assets related transport orders wherein P&O Ferrymasters customers wishes / demands are leading;
- Calculating and recalculating of dimensions, capacity, floor space and size / weight ratio, in order to gain maximum efficiency within legal standards;
- Communicating with drivers / hauliers so that an optimal service and loading rate can be achieved;
- Building constructive relationships with customers and suppliers in order to expand westbound forwarding opportunities within the department and organisation;
- Administrative processing of data into the operational computer system, so that all departments / divisions will be kept informed correctly.
But on that first morning before you get down to work… we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a cup of coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style!
Who are we?
At P&O Ferrymasters, you will be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by Dubai World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. We operate from more than 21 strategic locations in 13 countries across the continent, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus
Who are you?
As Experienced International Forwarder you take responsibility and ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics);
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a forwarding and / or chartering role;
- Have experience with the Scandinavian, Central Eastern European and / or Spanish market;
- Have good command of Dutch and English languages, complimentary languages are preferred;
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages;
- Are customer orientated and have good topographical knowledge;
- Are able to create or attract new business opportunities, and think “Out of the box“.
P&O Ferrymasters offers a competitive package in line with the seniority of the position.
Time to act!
Do you have what we’re looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible via the 'Apply' button. We look forward to hearing from you….