The role of the European Product Manager Mechanical Ventilation is to further develop the value proposition towards installers and end-users. To facilitate and accelerate sustainable profitable growth and improve the value of the product and services marketed, especially through innovation programs and range extension opportunities.
Wavin is a leading supplier of plastic pipe systems and solutions with a solid reputation stemming from more than 60 years of innovation. Wavin connects customers to better solutions, for above and below ground projects, in the following application areas: water management, heating and cooling, water and gas distribution, waste water drainage and datacom. Headquarted in Zwolle, the Netherlands, Wavin is present in more than 20 countries and operates more than 30 manufacturing sites, mostly located in Europe. Employing close to 5000 people and with annual revenues of around € 1.1 billion, Wavin is a subsidiary of Mexichem, a global leader in plastic piping and one of the world's largest chemical and petrochemical companies. Mexichem contributes, through the Fluor, Vinyl and Fluent Business Groups, to global development by delivering an extended portfolio of products to high growth sectors such as infrastructure, housing, datacom and water management.
- Development and execution of product- marketing strategy for the Mechnical Ventilation category
which embedded in the Indoor Climate Business Unit strategy. This includes advice on possible
strategic alliances or partnerships with other companies. This is enabled through the creation of
strong collaborative networks with Operating Companies (OC's) for sharing of experiences,
knowledge, (market) data, information and ideas.
- Manage innovation processes (generate new product ideas an assess their commercial value) and
ensure market needs, opportunities as well as products development needs are met and coordinated;
manage / be part of related steering committees and project teams.
- Product portfolio management: initiate and lead NPD projects as well as managing variety of product
ranges through structured phase out processes.
- Build and share market intelligence (understanding of customers, markets, competitors, products and
applications). Ensure marketing knowledge and expertise is shared with Marketing & Sales
departments in the OC's.
- Ensure that the product-market strategy on OC level is transferred into local - and cross border action
plans/projects. Facilitate and guide OC's to secure the achievement of our objectives in terms of
market position, growth and profitability through gaining penetration and market share against
traditional materials and market leaders and through developing and executing new solutions.
- Bachelor or Master degree, technical or business related.
- Proven ability (5-10 years) in product management and/or marketing in a technical environment.
Additional technical sales experience and project management experience is a plus.
- Familiar with product innovation that requires interaction with both internal and external customers.
- Structured way of working and strong analytical skills in order to be able to define the different options
stating opportunities, risks and conditions.
- Proven skills in project management.
- Market driven, technical interest and affinity with design.
- International focus and ability to travel within Europe (~20-30%).
- Fluent in English and ability to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Able to inspire people and stimulate effective working processes.
- Self-starter with hands-on mentality.
Talent is at the heart of our way of working, and we aim at creating a dynamic workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. We offer a challenging, exciting position in a collaborative and international environment paired with a comprehensive and attractive compensation and benefits package. Be part of our future growth and count on a fulfilling career!