The new Enterprise Architect will be responsible for defining and maintaining the overall Enterprise Architecture framework. As an Enterprise Architect, you understand the company's business strategy and ensure the alignment with the technology strategy.
Our client is one of the largest chemical producers in the world, they operate in over 80 countries in Europe, Asia, Australia, the Americas and Africa. The organisation has clients in over 190 countries and supplies their product to a wide variety of industries.
The key responsibilities consist of defining Enterprise Architecture methodologies, frameworks, tooling, processes, and deliverables. You will be working closely together with the Head of Business Partnering, Portfolio Manager, and business functions to close the gap between Business and IT by defining target business and information systems architecture.
As an Enterprise Architect and as member of the Plan part of the IT organization, you will:
- Be part of a team of about 10 professional and enthusiastic team members, consisting of Head of Business Partnering, Portfolio Manager, Business Analysts, and Business Relationship Managers.
- Ensuring the alignment of the overall business and technology strategies, and driving the transformation of the organisation towards a more data, digital, and technology driven organization.
Defining Enterprise Architecture strategy and governance
- Defining and maintaining the overall EA governance framework for the IT function, including principles, standards, and policies
- Developing Enterprise Architecture blueprints and roadmaps and creating a set of actionable plans to reach the desired future state architecture
- Ensuring that the wider IT and business community understands how the enterprise architecture and new technology opportunities enable the realization of key business and IT imperatives
- Reviewing Enterprise Architecture design and creating checklists for projects to ensure Enterprise Architecture conformance and compliance
Driving and ensuring maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture blueprint
- Facilitating the development of the organizational processes, systems, and technologies as well as the execution of the business and IT strategy
- Creating, maintaining, and managing central IT architecture models
- Providing deep Architecture expertise and experience in traditional software architecture (IT Governance, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Integration)
- Identifying and mitigating risk and vulnerabilities across architecture domains
- Leading the design, architecture, and implementation of enterprise scale solutions
- Developing and managing the enterprise architecture review process
Experience & qualifications
- You have at least 8 years of experience in IT or (business) related discipline
- You have a relevant university degree in the field of Information Technology or relevant track record
- You have experience in leading cross-cultural and multidisciplinary team settings and have experience working on global (IT) program/projects
- You are familiar with modern technologies and trends (e.g. Internet of Things)
- You have experience with, and are certified in architecture frameworks and modeling languages, such as TOGAF, and/or ArchiMate
- You are familiar with standard business process frameworks, such as APQC, SCOR, Agile or ITIL
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of German and Dutch is a plus
- You have a deep understanding of program management and information technologies
- You have a good understanding of Information Systems and Infrastructure architecture elements and how they work together
- You have a good understanding of Business capabilities and processes in agriculture industry (preferably familiar with one of the standard process frameworks such as APQC)
- You have a communicative, innovative and customer-oriented personality
- You have good problem-solving and analytical skills
- An open and informal company culture
- Work in a dynamic, changing environment
- Ability to grow with company's aspirations
- A high degree of freedom and independence in working