I am currently working with a company that is looking for an Engineering Manager
They are currently a 100million company aiming to become a 500million company. They are getting 10k visitors to the website every single day and very proud of the fact they have a 20% split of women in technology within the business.
Developers will work across some of the company's 20 different platforms. They have their usual platforms and then platforms for logging sick days, charging hourly rates, getting expenses etc - so there are lots of different strands and aspects to the business.
They even have internal educational courses now - amazing classrooms in the building where students can go and study a 4-year practical course, learning in the classroom and also learning on client sites so they are truly useful engineers when they leave Uni and can go directly on to a client site.
We are looking for an Engineering Mangering to manage a team of 6-10 Developers. They maintain several dozens of Ruby on Rails codebases with some Java, Go, React and Node sprinkled in between well, running on Kubernetes in the Google Cloud. The teams are a mix of front-and-backend (who are also part of their guilds), QA and a Product Manager.
- Managing a team of 6-10 people as they ship product;
- Assisting the engineering talent in their careers, growing people and letting them go;
- Hiring, interviewing and debriefing developers for your team;
- Ship things with the team for 10-20% of your time;
- Together with the team of peer Engineering Managers, figure out the strategic directions that would help our team grow;
- Identify and explain the technical tradeoffs between product and technology;
- Help the team outline the technical roadmap for their products;
- Working with the Product Manager to translate product challenges into technical solutions, evaluate their feasibility and people allocation.
What you'll get
- Besides a salary and an awesome job in a really cool organization, there are some important things like;
- You will have a Mac book Pro;
- A yearly budget of €150,- which you can spend on sports-gear;
- Team outings;
- Foosball, table tennis, board game days and more...
- Great benefits, such as a pension and potential bonus, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday day
Please reach out to Courtney@orange-quarter.com if interested