Energy Expert, Feedstocks and Cracker Technology Management Europe
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Research & Development
Petrochemicals SBU Technology Management consists of more than 750 employees across six Technology Centers around the world. The Technology Management organization supports SABIC’s global businesses in realizing its objectives by providing best-in-class technology solutions.
In Europe, the SABIC Technology Center (STC) is based in Geleen (The Netherlands) and in Wilton (United Kingdom). The primary activity of Feedstocks and Cracker Technology department is to define and work out technology development projects aimed at the optimization and improvement of existing petrochemical processes and development of new ones.
We are looking for an Energy Expert that will support our team by proposing and working out projects for improving the energy performance of existing and new technologies. The role is reporting to the Leader of Feedstocks and Cracker Technology EU.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
As an Energy Expert, you will be working in Feedstocks and Cracker Technology EU as part of the professional, global Technology Management organization.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To analyze energy performance across all SABIC olefins production plants and technologies under development and propose process modifications that will improve it.
- To drive innovation in the area of energy optimization, recommending working lines and projects that target enhanced energy performance of existing plants and technology developments.
- To be the reference contact person of Technology for the steam crackers in NL and UK in terms of energy performance analysis and improvement.
- To support KSA steam crackers also in terms of energy performance analysis and improvement.
- To deliver the modelling and conceptual process designs of the modification proposals, towards the development of a business case.
- To work in SABIC global multidisciplinary setting, within Cracker Technology, where you will collaborate with different disciplines in the business and the manufacturing environment, where project approval and implementation needs to be secured and technical issues will be discussed on a regular basis.
- You are educated to university level (MSc or PhD) in chemical technology.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in an industrial research and development or manufacturing organization, focusing on energy performance improvement.
- You have deep knowledge about process thermodynamics. You are able to use energy performance-analysis tools (e.g. exergy and pinch analysis) and you are able to spot improvement opportunities from their results.
- You are able to translate these opportunities into value propositions for the business.
- You are a team player but you are also able to work inependently on your contribution.
- You like to work in a global and multi-cultural environment and respect other cultures.
- You have a persevering and challenging attitude towards your work environment, but you can also accept other views.
- You are a critical observer as well as a conceptual and analytical thinker.
- You are able to present your project proposals and results in a convincing manner to both business and manufacturing management.
- You are fluent in oral and written English.
For question, please contact Laura Deckers (corporate recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (The Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers.
Apply for this job
Email these job details to a friend
Back to search results