Since 1 June 2017, the Aglobis Group (formerly Chemtrade Aglobis) has been part of Mitsui & Co., Ltd., a global Japanese trading group with 42,000 employees worldwide.
Aglobis stands for reliable and long-term sourcing, marketing and distribution of sulphur and sulphuric acid. We offer our services from German, Dutch and Swiss companies worldwide. Aglobis is committed to Responsible Care, a comprehensive initiative for health, safety and environmental protection. Our locations are certified according to RC 14001/ISO 14001 as well as ISO 9001 and SQAS.
For our office in Rotterdam/The Netherlands or Essen/Germany we are looking for a
EHSQ Manager (m/f/d) - technically oriented
The position focuses on the technical part of the logistics-related topics of safety, environment and dangerous goods and supports the Aglobis locations in Europe (Rotterdam, Essen, Zug).
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance, training and further development of our EHSQ guidelines and procedures as well as compliance with the legal EHSQ regulations in the areas of dangerous goods transport (truck, rail, barges, deep-sea vessels), hazardous goods storage, process safety, environmental compatibility, product safety, occupational safety, hygiene and health
- Execution of EHSQ-Risk Analysis and last-minute Risk Analysis
- Monthly inspection of our locations
- Safety and product training with our operators and truck drivers
- Conduct internal and external audits in collaboration with the EHSQ administrator
- Issuance of the prescribed work permits for the work on our terminal site
- Assignment of external EHSQ consultants and supervision of external service providers
- Responsibility for performing out inspections and the approval for loading and unloading points
- Responsibility for recording incidents with appropriate reporting, root-cause analysis and implementation of appropriate action plans
- Cooperation with the EHSQ Managers or the management of our business partners and the supervisory authorities
- Representation of our interests on the national and international association level (Cefic, etc.)
- Determination of potential capital expenditures and preparation of the budget
- Compliance with REACH and other legal requirements
Qualifications & Requirements:
- E&HS training or related disciplines or further training as an "occupational safety specialist (m/f/d)"
- Occupational and/or industry certifications in the fields of environment, safety or occupational hygiene, preferably initial experience as an internal auditor
- Advanced knowledge of the European E&HS regulations SQAS, OHSAS 18001, VCA/SCC, Management Systems ISO 9001, Responsible Care
- Experience of ADR, ADN, RID, IMDG, GHS, CLP, REACH (SDS)
- Future-oriented, with a high level of customer service that looks beyond one’s own nose
- Hands-on mentality
- Distinctive team and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German, English and preferably in Dutch
- High knowledge of IT software (Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Ultimo Safety Management Software) and internet enquiries
- Willingness to travel approx. 25% of working time within NW Europa
What can you expect from us:
- Esteemed and frank corporate culture with team spirit
- Performance-based remuneration (fixed monthly salary and bonus)
- Good public transport connections and free parking for employees in Essen
- Individual on-the-job-training
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Regular company events
Do you feel addressed? Then do not wait longer and apply for the job with your complete application documents by e-mail and include your salary expectations and your earliest date of entry.
Aglobis GmbH, Yvonne Fischer, Friedrichstr. 47,45128 Essen; Germany