DWH / ETL developer will work closely with the Solution/ Data Architect to design, build interfaces and integrate data from a variety from internal and external data sources into the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment with the use of MS SQL SSIS.
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world in terms of assets. A world-class set of businesses and more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
For more than 50 years MBE offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches, in Central and East Europe. The goal is to be among the top-performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers' needs.
The position is open in the MBE Data Store (MDS) team of the IT delivery department. MDS is a strategic asset of the MUFG Bank Europe being aimed to accumulate and process bank's information for both reporting to regulators and supporting internal business processes.
DWH / ETL developer will work closely with the Solution/ Data Architect to design, build interfaces and integrate data from a variety from internal and external data sources into the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment with the use of MS SQL SSIS. The ETL Developer will be responsible for developing ETL primarily utilizing Microsoft technologies within industry recognized ETL standards, architecture and best practices.
- Act as a technical expert in the designing, coding, testing, supporting and debugging of new software or significant enhancement to existing software
- Troubleshoot and debug ETL jobs and creating unit tests for ETL jobs.
- Assess query performance and actively contribute to optimizing the code
- Develop stored procedures when needed
- Write technical documentation and specifications
- Work with DBAs and Data Architects to plan and implement best ETL strategies
- Work with business systems analysts to create technical design specifications, gaining a sound understanding of business processes for related applications so that integration processes fulfill the end-user requirements
- Create a solution following the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Communicate with Business Analysts to understand requirements, socialize ideas among peers, and document work product
- Support internal audit by submitting required evidences
- Proven work experience as an ETL Developer
- Expert level of knowledge of Microsoft SQL services and technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and SQL Server 2012+)
- Experience with MS Visual Studio
- Experience in BIML development
- Experience in SQL; Strong SQL scripting knowledge, able to create complex SQL queries
- Good working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Python or Perl) is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse concepts (data normalization, star schema, etc)
- Good understanding of physical and logical data modelling
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems
- Good understanding of software development best practises
- Working experience in Agile projects
- Experience in working in high priority projects (high pressure on delivery)
- Some flexibility outside 9-5 working hours
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Able to work independently and also to collaborate across the organization
Market conform salary + secondary benefits (bonus, pension, healthcare plan etc.)
80,000 - 85,000 /jaar