As AP Officer, you will be responsible for all aspects of ensuring timely invoice processing and weekly payment runs. In addition, you will support the Team Lead SSC on a variety of projects relating best-practice process improvements and maintenance of master data in the systems. You should be customer-centric, with excellent verbal and written communication, good AP knowledge and have experience in working with an ERP system.
An international real estate firm with a large portion of its portfolio in German region, as well as Austria and the Netherlands.
- Monitor and process daily electronic vendor invoices transmitted from numerous locations.
- Obtain correct authorization for invoices and ensuring purchase orders are properly raised and matched.
- Organize weekly payment runs, through processing EFT vendor and manual payments.
- Run daily cash balance updates.
- Process staff claims and reconcile company credit cards.
- First line response to any payment queries by email or over the phone.
- Set up new vendors in the database and ensure proper controls are met
- Demonstrate solid understanding of cutoffs and accruals while working closely with other departments to ensure completeness and accuracy of all prepayments and accrued expenses.
- Work closely with Asset management and Treasury to ensure proper general ledger coding of expenses.
- Support the finance team with internal & external audits and assist with the preparation of year-end finance packs.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and standard procedures.
- Support Team Lead with audit queries and other ad hoc projects.
- Participate in the delivery of process improvement initiatives.
- At least 5+ years of experience working within a large AP department.
- Experience in Real Estate sector a bonus.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Business Administration or similar
- Excellent command of Dutch, English and German, both verbal and written
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. Marcos, pivot tables) and knowledge of real estate accounting systems. Yardi experience a bonus.
- IT literate, ideally having worked with a large ERP system previously (Oracle, Sage, SAP).
- Strong communication skills with experience in handling queries.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to strict deadlines.
- Hands-on, pro-active and dedicated.
- Salary based on experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- Travel expenses
- Participation to the pension plan
€ 2.700,00 - € 3.000,00 /maand