The Director of Operations:
- leads all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities within agreed deadlines/schedules and within quality standards and cost objectives
- ensures optimal sourcing of products/parts for Wabtec NL enabling efficient operations, storage handling and high quality products for their national and international clients
Wabtec Netherlands is the new merger organization from which various industrial products and services are delivered under 3 renowned brand names.
- Akapp-Stemmann; design, manufacturing and service of single & multipole, open & closed conductor rail systems for applications in cranes, automated warehouses and other markets.
- Mors Smitt, World leader relay technology in Rail and Power grid market. Key player in train-borne Energy Efficiency Solutions and Portable Test Equipment.
- Stemmann-Technik, leading in the field of energy and data transfer components and systems in industrial and transport technology.
More than 240 colleagues daily serve an international customer group by producing industrial products and supplying various professional services.
- Approx. 8-10 years' experience leading Operations in an industrial environment.
- Experienced LEAN / Six Sigma specialist.
- Railway, Automotive or aeronautic industries, or relevant experiences
- Good understanding and familiarity with relevant business software and ICT reporting tools: Lean Manufacturing tools (5S, TPM, FMEA, one-piece flow process, Kaizen, etc.); Supply Chain tools (S&OP, MPS, MRPII, make to order, Inventory management)
- Financial & Working Capital follow-up abilities, make or buy analysis knowledge
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Masters (preferable) or BSc degree in Engineering or similar Education
- Purchasing experience: commodity management, project purchasing, negotiation, contracting
- Coach and develop people
- Strong leadership skills, supporting change management; Able to align people around common goals
- Problem solving capacity and decision making
- Business and results oriented
- Demanding, able to interact with other internal departments and his management
- The chance to set up a WCM organisation at a new location!
- Salary range €90.000,- - €115.000,- gross annual salary
€ 90.000,00 - € 115.000,00 /jaar