The purpose of the Direct Tax function is to support, guide, advise and monitor the Ingka Group organisations in a pro-active way on Direct Tax matters.
The Ingka Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are the largest franchisee of the IKEA franchisee system, owning and operating 367 IKEA stores and digital touchpoints in 30 markets.
The Ingka Group is a values-driven company with a passion for life at home and a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
- Enable the business to comply with its direct tax responsibilities under a tax control framework;
- Maintain continuous contact with finance and accounting managers and other relevant internal and external parties to identify and quantify potential tax exposures, including giving input to the Tax Council and/or Finance Committee;
- Share knowledge and best practices with relevant stakeholders;
- Identify the impact of international and local tax developments on the Ingka Group, communicating the relevant developments to the stakeholders and determine which actions need to be undertaken;
- Function as subject matter expert with respect to international tax implications of cross border transactions;
- Provide input to the relevant stakeholders on opportunities to optimize the existing Ingka Group structure and how to structure new investments;
- Advise the country organizations on the strategy to follow in case of a tax audit and provide input in order to secure Ingka Group's tax position and ensure that consistent and accurate information is provided to the tax authorities;
- Assist Group Reporting by reviewing the direct tax position reported by the countries and taking relevant actions;
- Provide education, e.g. via e-learning or by organizing direct tax seminars;
- Stay up to date on international and local tax developments, including changes in international, domestic and case law;
- Contribute to the Ingka Group Tax principles and tax rules.
You have very good knowledge on multiple tax jurisdictions in- and outside Europe. You have a university degree, a degree in tax is a plus.
Most probably you have 8+ years of experience in an Direct Tax advisory role in a multinational company or as an international tax consultant in the area of direct tax.
You are skilled in communicating in English and can easily connect to colleagues from many different cultures in an international environment.
You have a hands-on mentality and enjoy working together to share your specialist knowledge.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says.
We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come and see things a little differently with us.