A challenging senior position as Digital Program Manager with the opportunity to assist in setting up the digital team and focus within an innovative and fast pace company as CARU Containers. You are responsible for coordinating the roll out of the new digital channels globally and you play an important role in this digital journey.
We are CARU Containers. We trade and lease new and used shipping containers across the globe, operating from offices in 8 countries. In the year 2000, CARU Containers was born from a merger between CATU Rotterdam, Trade Craft and Lease Craft. With the fusion of CARU Containers Rob Tromp, our current CEO, and Paul Ockers made container trading more professional and human.
At CARU, we love containers because they're an unpretentious product. They do what they do, and they're pretty good at it. And because of their simplicity, the possibilities are endless. In our opinion, the container is the invention of the 20th century.
We can relate to containers, as we are also always on the move. We explore other countries, new ways of trading, and new digital technologies. We aim to make buying and leasing containers a pleasure. Simple, human, transparent, and fun. And it seems this approach is working: we have grown to be one of the largest traders of containers in the world.
CARU Containers is ambitious and has an important focus on digitalization by building their own digital "container" channels to the market and setting up a digital team that is responsible for the development and roll-out of this digital solution globally. In order to support this transition and to set up the digital team, we are exclusively looking for a Digital Program Manager for the HQ in Rotterdam.
CARU Container is at the beginning of their digital journey including the development and roll out of their innovative digital "container" channels. As Digital Program Manager you will have a key position in the development of this platform and you will lead the digital roadmap and projects in close collaboration with the Digital team and internal and external stakeholders. The digital platform is the future and will not only need to support existing business but is also the perfect tool to create more market share by entering countries where CARU Containers is not active yet.
The Digital Program Manager is the business partner for the internal organization, (internal and external) stakeholders and external suppliers. You will work closely together with Product Owners, Salesforce Administrator and Developers in the team to deliver the best digital solution that meets the (future) needs of the target groups in the market.
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Digital Officer.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Take the lead in program management, guarding dependability's between projects
- Keeping the CARU digital roadmap up to date and apply change, risk and resource management
- Monitor overall deadlines, budgets and activities
- Prepare update reporting for internal stakeholders
- Act as product owner on specific topics / 'Meewerkend voorman / -vrouw'
- Natural sparring partner for all team members, helps to raise the bar in terms of professionality
- Business focused: aims to maximize ROI on digital projects
- HBO or University education
- >10 years' experience in digital project & program management
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Experience with Salesforce platform is beneficial
- Experience in the transport / logistics / shipping sector is beneficial
- Understands relations between individual projects, strategic & conceptual thinker
- Previous experience in an agile environment preferred
- Customer experience focused, self-starter
- Strong communicator and experienced in stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Senior profile: feels comfortable to stand up for budgets etc.
- Experienced in managing relationships with digital agencies / suppliers
- Business focused
- Willingness to travel
A challenging senior position as Digital Program Manager with the opportunity to assist in setting up the digital team and focus within an innovative and fast pace company as CARU Containers. You are responsible for coordinating the roll out of the new digital channels globally and you play an important role in this digital journey. The company offers a full comprehensive benefits package (including bonus).