Salary : Marktconform
As Assistant Controller (Reporting) at DENHAM the Jeansmaker you will work in an fast growing, international environment. Located in Amsterdam, the Assistant controller will be working with the entire operation in one place. You will be part of the finance team of DENHAM and report and assist to the Business Controller and Finance Manager.
In this role, your focus lies on reporting and you will be required to support and ensure the delivery and planning of monthly, quarterly and management reporting. Your reports will be used to make well-informed business decisions. Furthermore, you will prepare the consolidated financial statements and year-end audit documentation. As the Assistant Controller, you also play an important role in the annual budget, monthly forecasting and corporate tax.
In this fast growing business you are expected to be flexible and you will get the opportunity to provide analysis and input to develop standards and policies. This dynamic role will require ad-hoc assistance and the Assistant Controller gets the possibility to provide the finance team with his own findings on management level. The ideal candidate has a financial-administrative education on HBO level, at least 3 year experience in accounting or finance and a good understanding of ERP software and Excel.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assist group reporting manager to prepare the group consolidated financial statement;
- Analyze the actual result together with the business controller;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecast;
- Assist business controller to perform product/channel/customer profitability analysis based on business
- Set up a drill-down analysis to provide more business insights;
- Prepare monthly management report and statutory report according to month end timetable;
- Handling and responding to external auditor’s inquiries;
- Responsible for BI financial reporting setup. Make best use of the reporting tool to improve work
Education and skills
- HBO+ education in finance or a similar field;
- At least 3 year experience in finance or accounting;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- A pro-active, enthusiastic attitude with process oriented thinking attitude;
- Strong communication skills and a sense of humour;
- Good understanding of ERP software (Navision/XPRT is a plus)
DENHAM the Jeansmaker
DENHAM the Jeanmaker was founded in Amsterdam in 2008 by Jason Denham, an English jeansmaker who’s obsessed with creating premium quality denim. The brand has since expanded to offer a full range of collections for men and women including outerwear, tops, bottoms and accessories.
The brand is positioned in the premium segment. Its growing global retail network reaches over 20 countries, including key stores in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Hamburg, Tokyo, Osaka and Sydney. DENHAM is based in Amsterdam, with satellite offices in Düsseldorf, Shanghai and Tokyo.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Jeroen de Greeff at 06 34 22 97 99 or email@example.com