For a big international pharmaceutical company I am looking for a Datacenter Operator, working from Breda.
The Datacenter Operator reports directly to the Datacenter Operations Manager.
He/She will be part of the team, responsible for the local infrastructure in Breda.
The Datacenter operator works closely with other groups to improve the quality for the end-users.
What is the role about?
In your role as a Datacenter Operator you will be responsible for:
* Monitoring the various ticketing queues and managing the individual requests
* Installing new systems (incl. labelling, documentation, testing, configuring and documenting)
* Performing patch-activities
* Troubleshooting of cabling issues
* Handle remote hands requests
* Monitoring of the environmental monitoring systems and actioning any follow-ups
* Coordinate and issue work permits
* Perfoming various visual inspection rounds and following up on findings.
* Keep the data centers, and hub-rooms neat and tidy
* Supervise activities of suppliers
* General customer satisfaction
* Backup for the International Datacenter Operator during his absence.
Who are you?
As a Datacenter Operator you have a:
* MBO - Technical education;
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a data center, hosting or telecommunications organization;
* Knowledge of IT infrastructure and cabling standards;
* Knowledge of IT equipment (servers / switches / firewalls / etc);
* Knowledge of Networking and TCP / IP;
* Knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Windows / Linux) is a plus;
* Familiarity with work processes and standards ISO and BS standards is a plus;
What we also expect of a Datacenter Operator:
* Being a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Customer-oriented and service-oriented attitude;
* No 9 to 5 mentality;
* Work on saturday or sunday when requested (average of once every two months)
* Continues focus on improving the quality of service;
* Fluency in Dutch and English, spoken and written;
* Knowledge of Windows and MS Office Software;
* Ideally having experience in Cormant CableSolve and RF-Code Asset Manager (not a must)
* Flexible, stress resistant and structured;
* Proficient documentation-skills
* Able to perform physical activities;
* Always willing to go the extra mile;
Are you interested in this position? Please contact me by mail: n.vanalfen[at]realstaffing.com or by phone: 020 522 1588.