The Data Warehouse Architect will design and develop enterprise-ready solutions with conformed data warehouse standards based on Microsoft technologies. He/she will provide solutions to application reporting requirements, as well as, Data Warehouse needs.
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world in terms of assets. A world-class set of businesses and more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
For more than 50 years MBE offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches, in Central and East Europe. The goal is to be among the top-performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers' needs.
The MBE subsidiary based in The Netherlands is a growing network of branches, managed from Amsterdam.
The architect/analyst must be able to quickly understand existing architecture and application requirements in order to drive strategic improvements and design enhancement.
- Architecting, configuring, and implementing Data Warehouse solutions.
- Develop data mappings, data extractions, data transformations that support the agency's data warehouse environment. Confer with the stakeholders to ensure alignment between the data warehouse design and business needs.
- Understand and analyze business data requirements in order to create accurate, extensible, flexible logical data models.
- Design and optimize mechanisms of data retrieval. Collaborate with peer IT teams to build the end-to-end process of delivering data to the warehouse.
- Act as a safeguard of the best practices in data warehouse design and development. Support and mentor development, testing, and BA teams.
- Be accountable for the data warehouse documentation. Ensure that the knowledge is continuously captured and the documentation is kept up-to-date. Write technical documentation, as required.
- Expand and improves the data warehouse environment to include data from all functions of the organization using data manipulation, transformations, and cleansing tools.
- Oversee the design of the data and technical architecture for the data warehouse environment to ensure that the designs maintain an enterprise model.
- Consult business stakeholders on the possibilities leveraging the data warehouse techniques in achieving their objectives.
- Performing cost/benefit analysis of the proposed solution. Present them to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Actively collaborate with the EMEA HQ in London and Global HO in Tokyo.
- A strong background in architecting and developing technical solutions for data warehouse and business intelligence. Previous experience in the successful delivery of similar solutions is a must.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft technology stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with data modeling techniques. Experience in using data modeling tools.
- Being able to develop highly complex dynamic ETL processes to import and export data in various formats (JSON, XML, CSV, etc.).
- Broad technical knowledge in application development or system engineering.
- experience with database programming.
- Previous experience with metadata solution development.
- Understanding systems and network considerations to develop data warehousing solutions.
- Experience in developing key strategy artifacts such as architecture diagrams, white papers, and proof of concepts.
- Understanding of banking business processes and applications is an advantage.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Able to work independently and also to collaborate across the organization.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Integrity and Responsibility
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
- Professionalism and Teamwork
- Drive For Results
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
- Challenge Ourselves To Grow
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
- Think Strategically
Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
Excellent primary and secondary benefits + working within the business/financial hub of amsterdam + being part of an innovative data driven organization