Every day people employed through Randstad make sure your luggage gets onto the plane, your takeaway into your kitchen and that our most vulnerable are cared for. Everytime we place someone into a new role, they make an impact on our society, and we make an impact on their and their employer’s future. As a more and more data-driven organisation, data is a vital part of delivering on the promises we make to our candidates and customers.
Randstad, Yacht and Tempo-Team possess an enormous quantity of data: the characteristics of millions of candidates and business data on clients, potentials and our own organisation. Your team, DataHub, is responsible for providing the basis for our data infrastructure. Our data engineers work on a self-service data platform, making sure our data makes its way from a vast array of sources to the right place, enabling our Data Scientists and Operational Insights teams to for example build AI solutions.
What will you be doing?
As a Data Platform Engineer you will be a vital part of designing and developing our cloud-based data platform. Together with the rest of the team you will be involved in the full product development process, from design and implementation, to testing, documentation and automated deployment.
- Building and managing the DataHub frontend, including a data catalog, DataHub users and project management, data subscriptions and more
- Developing ways to improve self-service data consumption and data publishing including building and managing ETL pipelines in Airflow (responsible for ingesting the data and making it available to users), developing standard ways to deliver data in the DataHub, developing CI/CD pipelines and more
- Producing high quality code and reusable components, using containerization, CI/CD and other automation technologies
- You will be responsible for creating a backend for high availability and scalability, while at the same time being easily deployable, manageable and secure
What is our Stack?
- ECS, Docker
- CloudFormation, Jenkins
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, lambda, RDS, Redshift, EMR Spark, Athena, Glue)
So what would we like you to know and bring to the table?
- Our small, agile teams are just that: agile. You should be able to adapt to a variety of challenges and like quick feedback loops.
- Experience working in our tech stack, including Python, Linux, AWS cloud, Jenkins and GIT
- Experience with scripting/automation of tasks
- Experience with common devops and CI/CD practices to make your own work as easy as possible and guarantee the quality of our products
- Be comfortable working in test-driven development and know what this means
- Like working in a team, but take responsibility for your own tasks
- If you really want to impress us, you can do so by having experience in: containerization platforms like ECS, EKS and Docker; Redshift; AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS); SQL databases; Django; Airflow
What do we offer?
- Plenty of training and development opportunities within the group. A significant share of our employees have held several roles in their years in the business, with RGN giving you the tools you need to challenge and develop yourself.
- A monthly salary between €2.666 and €5.406 depending on your experience
- 8,5% holiday allowance
- a generous monthly benefit budget on top of your salary and holiday pay that you can choose to spend on extra time off, perks such as a bike, tablet, gym subscription or simply get paid out.
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional 25 days off
- a generous sabbatical programme
- a good mobility scheme, laptop and everything you need to perform your job well
- an attractive bonus scheme and the option to earn an outperformance bonus twice per year
Does this sound like the right next step for you? Fantastic! Apply directly by clicking apply or contact our talent acquisition specialist Franziska for more information (email@example.com | 0683088632)
- Evenementen voor werknemers
- Professionele ontwikkeling
- Pensioen / Pensioenplan