|Hours a week||40|
VidaXL is looking for a Data Engineer to expand the IT Data and Reports team!
With millions of products and customers we have many challenges in our BI environment. You are our daily go-to person for anything concerning our datalake. You will be responsible for the day tot day operation of our datalake, ingestion of data using tools like NiFi and Kafka, facilitating various environments for the BI squad to work in and be responsible for the hosting our data related microservices.
You will be a member of our BI squad and report directly to our Manager IT Data and Reporting.
What you will do:
– Closely collaborate with our DevOps Engineers, (No)SQL Database Administrators and Data Scientists
– Facilitate development, test and acceptance environments for the BI squad
– Implement scalable data-application and deploy them into our production environment
– Apply continuous integration and test-driven development on our datalake
– Clean, prepare and optimize data for ingestion and consumption
– Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
– Design and implement data streams from and to our datalake
– Implement automated workflows and routines using our workflow scheduling tool
– Troubleshoot complex data issues and proactively resolve (operational) data issues
– Knowlegde of data manipulation and transformation, e.g. SQL, XML and JSON
– Hands-on experience building complex data pipelines e.g. NiFi and Kafka
– Experience in container based hosting of RESTful microservices
– Experience in building CI/CD solutions for data-intensive large-scale projects
– Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters (Hadoop/NiFi/Spark/Kafka)
– Coding experience in Python and R is considered a pro
– Experience with Bash scripting and Linux systems administration
– Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch)
– Experience with cloud platforms (preferably Google)
vidaXL as employer
So, are you looking for a dynamic international company that values your curiosity, passion and desire to learn? Are you looking to work in a team with colleagues who think big and are eager to take on fresh challenges? Take the opportunity to meet and work within a team of professionals with diverse cultural backgrounds who also have a few things in common… ambition, fun and excellent skills.
Want to join us?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter Bas Nissen / email@example.com / + 31 (0) 6 57 71 26 14 for more information. We care about your privacy! For more information: http://corporate.vidaxl.com/privacy/ Haba Trading B.V., Mary Kingsleystraat 1, 5928 SK te Venlo corporate.vidaxl.com
* please note this job is carried out from our Utrecht office