As credit analyst you'll be advising customers with regards to credit worthiness. The credit analyst liaise with sales team, customers and internal stakeholders to make sure to have the right level of (financial information). The role reports to the Cash & Credit manager and contribute to the build of a new credit management department.
The client in an international company, based in Rotterdam and operates with raw materials.
- Oversee the process of establishing and renewing counter-party exposure limits;
- Provide analysis of counter-party risk and credit worthiness;
- Contact customers regarding in depth financial analysis of customers financial performance and/or position;
- Work with commercial department, and account managers in respect of customer credit and overdue accounts;
- Work with credit controllers and billing teams on interpreting customer behavior data and to follow up to collection process and customer issues;
- Follow up on claims, non-payment issues and insolvencies;
- Support and administer collaterals such as guarantee, single insurances etc;
- Perform analysis of customer profitability and exposure against customer risk profile;
- Report on credit KPI's on a monthly basis;
- Prepare periodically bad debt provisions;
- Participate in adhoc request and project initiatives as appropriate in scope of the role.
- Min. Bachelor degree Business Economics, Finance & Accounting of related field;
- Min. 2 years post graduate experience;
- Demonstrated progressive experience in credit management;
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen and analytical skills;
- Affinity and experience with managing internal controls;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office, ERP, accounting systems and BI tools;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English; further languages (German, Dutch) is desirable;
- Well organized, accurate, teamwork, problem solving, analytical.
- Contribute to the build up of a newly created credit management department;
- Broad analytical position.
€ 52.000,00 - € 55.000,00 /jaar