Indigo is recruiting a CPO for a world leading e-learning scale-up in the hospitality industry. They run an e-learning platform that offers professional hospitality content in an interactive and effective way. The platform adds value to large hospitality companies by efficiently schooling their employees.
The tech division is based in Amsterdam and consists of +/- 40 people, responsible for development and maintenance of the platform. The company has been very successful in seizing opportunities with an agile, ad-hoc and creative approach.
Recently, the company has been acquired. It will remain fully autonomous and can now rely on the partnership of a large corporate. The company’s e-learning platform has endless potential, inside and beyond the hospitality realm. As part of the management team, you will shape the future of this great scale-up.
The Chief Product Officer ensures the successful execution of the Lobster Ink’s product mission through development and deployment of the company’s products and services strategies and plans. This involves leading Lobster Ink’s product vision, design, development, and go-to-market strategy.
- Owns the Product Strategy
- Leads the Product Team
- Serves as a vocal member of the senior leadership team, together with CEO/CTO/CFO. Represents the needs of the product management and product experience functions.
- Accountable for creating and delivering an overarching product strategy across all of Lobster Ink’s channels and markets.
- Accountable for delivering well justified product roadmaps that lead to on-time product releases
- Ensures the incorporation of customer needs into all product management plans
- Liaises with Sales and Marketing to understand the market dynamics
- Liaises with the CTO to ensure realistic product roadmaps and on-time product releases
- Serves as a corporate spokesperson, speaking opportunities and other marketing programs.
- Enable sales by ensuring product-market fit
Skills / Competencies
- Proven experience in developing a strong product strategy for pivoting scale-up / start-up
- Strongminded, can work well with similarly determined colleagues
- Has good commercial reflexes and can build business and monetization models
- Studies and monitors competition and understands the impact and influence on Lobster Product direction
- Excellent leadership and team development capabilities
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate drive performance
- Must enjoy fast-paced working environments and thrive in a growth-oriented organization
- Experience with SaaS and web-based software distribution/monetization
- Excellent salary and secondary conditions
- Location: Amsterdam office