You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
As a Corporate Legal Counsel, you are a part of Tom Tom's Corporate Legal team responsible for Corporate Governance, M&A, legal entity management, legal compliance and privacy.
In this dynamic role, you will review, support and secure the legal and governance aspects of a Dutch stock listed company with an international footprint. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to learn to practice corporate law in a founder-driven organization and who likes to be a spider in the web. This role is extremely divers that we believe it will allow you to achieve more than any other stock listed company. You will report into Head of Corporate Legal/Company Secretary.
What you’ll do
- Engage with (corporate) stakeholders to provide pragmatic legal support/advice
- Own and support corporate projects like M&A and group restructurings
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of legal documents
- Pro-actively notify and train the business on (new) laws and regulations and ensure efficient and effective implementation
- Create and optimize guidelines, processes and procedures
- Instruct and cooperate with external lawyers when and where appropriate
What you’ll need
- Master’s degree in law with 3 to 4 years of corporate law experience at a Dutch law firm
- Excellent understanding of the ins and outs of a Dutch listed company
- A commercial, confident, pragmatic and solution-oriented approach
- Excellent drafting skills and solid experience is assessing legal documents
- Excellent command of English- developed and sophisticated verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to operational excellence, independent, self-starter with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to be flexible, creative and decisive
- Affinity to IT/technology;
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving and demanding business environment
Meet your team
We’re the Legal team. We provide timely and commercially tailored legal service and advice to help TomTom’s business achieve their goals and manage legal risks. In everything we do, we focus on our stakeholders and full transparency. Our service level is first-class, processes and procedures are lean and friendly, and our stakeholders know what to expect from us. Joining our team, you’ll see that we have a great team spirit, united by our goals and willingness to help one another in achieving them.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?