The Corporate Controller is the financial conscience of the organisation and responsible for financial strategy, execution, monitoring and control and plays the central role in the financial management of Cordaid as a whole.
Cordaid works to end poverty and exclusion. They do this in the world's most fragile and conflict-affected areas. It engages communities to rebuild trust and resilience and increase people's self-reliance. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, it connects people and communities. Cordaid is one of the leading Civil Society Organizations in the Netherlands, working in fragile contexts on Health, Resilience, Private Sector Development, Humanitarian Aid and Security & Justice. Cordaid has over 700 staff, working at Global Office in the Netherlands and in offices across the most fragile countries in the world. Cordaid works on the basis of trust, accountability, cooperation and solution orientation.
He/she supervises directly the Business Controllers and the Manager Global Accounting and Reporting at Global Office and leads the financial managers in the Country Offices. The Corporate Controller is accountable to the CFO.
- You participate in the top level management team with the board of Directors
- You set up the financial strategy for the coming years and propose the annual budget and allocation to different units and offices
- You develop the Pl&C cycle including management agreements and reporting requirements and execute this.
- You control progress of business / unit developments and advice on financials and business adjustments
- You draft financial reports and statements based on the information need including the annual accounts
- You monitor and assess Cordaid's cash flow, asset management and solvency in relation to the equity and forecasted cash flows;
- You monitor the need of management information in the organization and design administration and accounting guidelines;
- You ensure compliance with donor, fiscal and other legal requirements regulations and identifies tax related risks and opportunities for Cordaid.
- You have in depth knowledge of financial and business administration on masters level;
- You have working knowledge of AO/IC, laws and regulations on salaries, tax, insurance and legacies;
- You have at least 7 year experience in corporate control in an international setting;
- You have proven affinity with developmental aid and SDG's;
- You have a sharp analytical and conceptual mind and can easily switch between details and the broader scope;
- You are people focused and have people skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and preferably French.
- A gross monthly salary of € 4294 up to € 6289 based on a 36-hour week (excluding 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance), depending on years of relevant experience;
- A position for 1 year with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.