Salary: Competitive Package
Headquartered in Amsterdam on the Zuidas, Mileway is Europe’s leading urban logistics real estate company. With approximately 1.000 properties, they specialize in providing space for last mile delivery of goods and services to urban communities in Europe’s largest economies. They have presence in the Netherlands, Luxembourg, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Scandinavia and are growing quickly. Although many processes and systems still have to be set up from scratch and they are now just a few months in business, it would be hard to classify Mileway as a start-up. The existing shareholder enables them to set the wheels in motion and start with an astonishing portfolio consisting of approximately 8 Bn in assets and with approximately 125fte by January 2020. Therefore this challenge enables a candidate to embark on an exciting journey and help building Mileway becoming best-in-class.
As Corporate Accountant you will be working in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and international organization. The Corporate Accountant will report directly to the Group Financial Controller and will be working together with other stakeholders, both within Finance as well as the other functions, like HR and Operations, Information will be used by Senior Management and Current shareholder. As the corporate entities are in various jurisdictions, you will be working closely with our finance team in Luxembourg as well as local Operations teams in the various countries.
You will have a highly visible position and will have a strong impact on the future set-up and contribute to strategical decision making. Within this company you will be challenged to work towards best in class group financials and set-up/implement entity reporting . The ideal candidate holds a master degree in finance, qualified RA/ACCA or equivalent, has a minimum of 3+ years working experience and is a high-caliber and entrepreneurial professional with the right energy to get things done.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible to perform the accounting, controlling and reporting for applicable corporate entities (MANCO’s), in accordance with Group accounting policies and procedures as well as any external reporting obligations
- Accurate accounting for all transactions based on agreements, invoices, bank statements, tax assessments
- Management reporting, recharge processes and cost control (including budget and forecasting cycles) for all entities in scope
- Take full ownership for monthly, quarterly and annual close process for the corporate entities in compliance with both Local GAAP as well as Group GAAP (IFRS)
- Prepare statutory financial statements in compliance with Local GAAP and report under Group GAAP for consolidation purposes
- Comply with all local reporting requirements (i.e. VAT submissions; Central Bank reporting; Office of statistics)
- Assist in the Group financial closing process during the quarter- and year-end closing for Group journals/consolidation entries
- With 75% ad-hoc related tasks you will constantly invest in further improving processes and new ways of working
Education and Skills
- Holds a degree in Finance or Economics
- An Accounting qualification (RA, ACCA or equivalent) is a big plus
- At least 3-5 years of working as a finance professional in an, Accounting or Financial ops role within a dynamic, fast-paced, working environment
- Open, eager, entrepreneurial and most-important down to earth
- Excellent knowledge of technical accounting standards and issues is a big plus
- Real estate knowledge is helpful
- IT-savvy, e.g. Excel skilled
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (English, Dutch is pre).
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06 – 24 87 54 57 or Rick.firstname.lastname@example.org