Working at MHS
MHS is founded in North America and has recently expanded its business in Europe and Asia. With locations in The Netherlands, Italy, UK, Poland, and China, MHS supports its customers on a global scale. Our locations are based on family business traditions, with strong social values and people caring about people. This translates into caring about customers and colleagues and ensuring long-lasting relationships.
Working at MHS means working on breakthrough solutions for leading customers in Courier Express Parcel and Distribution + Fulfillment in an expanding environment with many opportunities. “We go over, go under, go around or go through – but never give up.” We call this going Above + Beyond.
Multiple planes arrive at an airport, all packed with parcels. These parcels must be sorted and transported to the right planes, trucks and vans; People are expecting their parcels at home in no-time. MHS enables customers to sort a high volume of parcels within a short time frame, so the planes, the trucks and vans can leave in time and the parcels are delivered at your home timely.
A PLC engineer within MHS is part of an international, multidisciplinary team of engineers. As part of the team, the PLC engineer is responsible for the design and engineering of the PLC and safety software for these huge material handling systems. The software will be tested on a digital twin before you go to the customer location.
The system is ready for commissioning and waiting to come to life once you are arriving on site. As a PLC Engineer, you do the commissioning and the testing on-site. The functionality of the system will be proven to the customer together with the commissioning team.
Can you make sure the parcel gets to the plane in time?
You report directly to the Project Leader Engineering.
- evaluate the system design in a multidisciplinary team
- translate customer requirements into a functional/PLC design
- write a software design and PLC software for requirements which are not part of the standard
- generate the PLC software using standard blocks
- integrate/interface 3rd party equipment
- will test the software in house on a digital twin
- will commission the system
- will test and prove the system according to the requirements of our customers