Do you want to assist in the Digital Transformation of the ING Bank? This is your chance to work in a high performing team with C-level exposure.Functieomschrijving
As Controller Transformation within ING Bank you work for a dynamic and leading international bank with ambition. You will join a bank at the forefront of technological innovation and digitalisation revolution within the industry.The Controller Transformation reports to the Head of Global Transformation & Change Finance and works closely with C-level domain, Management Accounting, Project Controllers and Senior Management globally. Within ING you fulfill a key position in providing financial control, oversight and strategic advice on ING’s transformation portfolio and Business Cases. You will operate in the strategic transformation domain with key stakeholders across the entire bank. This will require the ability to communicate and connect at various levels within the organization. Your work will be used by senior executive management for strategic and tactical decision making towards the future.
At ING, you are challenged to take initiative, continuously improve on strategic performance and develop yourself broadly. You will be helping to improve various projects and business cases. The ideal candidate has a Master's degree and at least 5 to 7 years’ of relevant working experience within change / projects / portfolio management / Controlling. Experience in industries where project driven work is embedded in the operating model (e.g. pharma, oil/gas, life sciences, health tech and consulting) are considered a plus. The right drive, ambition and energy level to contribute to the further growth and professionalization of the company is a requirement.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide financial control, oversight and strategic advice on ING’s transformation portfolio;
- Assess and advice on investments/business cases to facilitate decision making at Board of Director and Investment Committee level;
- Able to operate in the strategic transformation domain with key stakeholders across the entire bank;
- Connect and advise at various levels within the organization;
- Responsible for financial modelling, forecasting and complex financial analysis;
- Your work will be used by senior executive management for strategic and tactical decision making.
The ideal candidates has a Master degree in Finance/Economics and work experience within an impactful environment. You have experience in working in an industry where investments in change projects are common (pharma, oil/gas, life sciences, health tech, Consulting).
- At least 5-7 years of relevant working experience;
- You are a true team player, fostering collaboration within the team and with others;
- You are able to cope with ambiguity and a complex multi-stakeholder environment;
- You are organized, have a structured way of working in demanding situations with strong process management skills;
- You are able to communicate complex issues in a simple, structured message;
- You possess strong quantitative and financial modelling skills and well developed business acumen;
- Prior knowledge of Service Now or similar portfolio management software would be a plus;
- In this position, we are looking for a hands-on person;
- Strong/opinionated personality, able to work well within diverse and multi-functional teams.
ING is a leading international bank at the forefront of technological innovation and digitalisation within the industry. Change, renewal and transformation have been our DNA with one single goal to deliver the best customer experience. Global Transformation & Change Finance is about supporting that change process and innovative culture, accomplished by a team of passionate individuals with integrity, personal accountability, commitment to excellence and a proactive attitude.
In 2016, ING launched the Accelerating Think Forward strategy by investing c. EUR 800 million in digital transformation in order to further improve customer experience and accelerate growth in primary customers and lending. In addition, these investments lead to c. EUR 900 million annual cost savings by 2021. ING is working towards a platform banking structure in which clients are experiencing identical levels of service in every unit, country and product. This will have an enormous impact on the organisation, with an emphasis on operations and technology.
The Global Transformation & Change Finance team financially oversees and supports all global transformation initiatives. It advices both the Group COO/CTO as well as the Change Investment Committee on the performance of the global transformation, both on programme and portfolio level.
Base salary between €70.000 - €90.000
Good career opportunities