As Controller you will be a vital member of the planning & controlling team overseeing day-to-day activities. You will take part in and manage various reporting cycles and control processes of the business unit to ensure timely and reliable reporting and business insights, while supporting management with key business analyses.
Our client is based in Rotterdam with production, trading and sourcing crude materials.
- You are responsible for monthly reconciliation of Trader's estimate vs accounting results, and analyze the differences for the various business units and cost categories; liaise with Trader's team on variances identified, valuation issues to minimize the unreconciled difference;
- Challenge traders estimate and devise creative solutions to increase accuracy of estimate;
- Perform gross margin analyses for the different business units
- You will ensure compliance with Corporate accounting and finance policies;
- You will assist in preparing and developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies and controls;
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and tools used for financial and management reporting, forex exposure management, incl operational KPI's, cost control and analysis, project control, etc.;
- Support local and international finance teams with daily operational queries
- Reconciliation of various flows from the contract administration system with the GL;
- In cooperation with other business partners you will take part in and lead business improvement projects;
- Actively take part in the monthly financial closing procedures;
- Responsible for monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliation ensure compliance with Balance Sheet reconciliation policy requirements;
- Prepare monthly management reports and board reporting pack;
- Manage the daily monitoring and analysis of foreign currency exposure position;
- Manage foreign currency hedges to mitigate the currency position exposure.
- Min. Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in financial and management accounting (certified accountant preferred);
- Min. of 4 years' experience in Controlling environment, candidate making a 2nd or 3rd career step with growth potential;
- Experience with a commodity-trading or food-processing organisation is an advantage;
- Experience in financial accounting, month-end and year-end closing processes. Capable of supporting financial audits;
- Experience with internal controls and complex accounting processes, consolidations and reporting;
- Accurate and has good eye for detail, ability to move from broad perspective to details;
- Experience in improving and documenting accounting processes;
- Experience with ERP / accounting systems such as SAP and JDE is seen as a plus;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) due to international environment;
- Expert user knowledge in MS-Excel, JDE and generally strong IT and data analyses skills;
- Pro-active, great team player, can work with tight deadlines, result-oriented.
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Environment where personal development will be stimulated.
60,000 - 65,000 /jaar